By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 23.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Extremely fun and addictive!
I First joined Instagram as a way to connect with friends and family. It’s soon Became a platform for me to share my passion of beauty and skincare. I have since become addicted to enter and giveaways. And now I’m in the process of Changing my platform into becoming a beauty influencer. I am learning about the inns and outs of Instagram. I am on a Shadowban right now. And doing my best to learn about it and get out. So those of you reading about this please learn how to properly use Instagram and your hashtags. Also learn how to save your things to your collection and use your filters. Also learn how not to over tag. And to comment. All these things matter to Instagram and how you interact with them. But otherwise it’s a great app you just need to learn about it before you use it.
Still some problems
I can't believe that the newest update still hasn't fixed the fact that my photos show up out of chronological order. People have been begging for it to go back to that for a really long time now. Also there are just too many huge videos playing on my explore page. I can't scroll and look at the picture because my eyes are constantly drawn to the already playing videos and it hurts my eyes. Also I hate the suggested users popping up in the search bar. I can search someone one time and they stay in there for weeks. Furthermore I keep seeing so much political stuff on the explore tab even though I don't follow anyone or view anything relating to it. I use social media to catch up with friends. Not to see 10 million people telling me how bad the world is. I wish my content was more catered to what I actually use the app to follow and view.
The things we really need
Not saying all the things that have been added recently are terrible, but there are several things that I'm sure many people would love to have.
Video quality for normal accounts is absolutely horrendous, especially for editors that suffer the most from this. Audios that once sounded amazing become terrible and ear raped to hell, not to mention the quality of the actual video itself.
-Clear cache option-
Sometimes Instagram just chews up space due to cache, which is inevitable for users who are active regularly. But hey, that's an easy fix with just the tap of a-there's no cache clear option. Which means you have to delete the app, then download it again just because your cache has taken up your phone space! Not only is this annoying, but it can also be easily avoided by adding an option to clear your cache!
I don't understand why this was removed. It's nice having everyone's posts in this order because then if someone makes an important post then you're more likely to see that instead of a post from a week ago! Please bring this back.
This is coming from a user who's been here for over a year. I've dealt with these problems long enough. Fix them.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 23.0
- Size: 140 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.