By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 18.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Bring back the timeline!
Nobody likes the new posting order. It hurts content creators and news pages. I keep missing posts from my friends because of this new feature. The app thinks it’s smart enough to know what I want to see, but the system is actually trash and I miss important posts all the time. I also like being able to hop on the app, scroll through the new posts until I get to one I’ve seen before and then know I’ve seen all the new content. Now I never know if I’ve seen all the new content or not and it’s really annoying. The idea behind this may be to get users to spend more time on the app, but it’s making me spend less and less time.
Other than that, the app is perfect. I see nothing wrong with the app. They do an excellent job of hiding and removing NFSW posts. They also did a great job with the stories and Direct Messaging. The customer service is also quick and effective. This app deserves a five star rating once they bring back the original timeline order.
The app is mostly great, but one thing keeps happening that annoys me to no end. I'll go on to somebody's page, and every single time, just scrolling down, my thumb pushes their page away to the right, sending me backward to where I came from. Just from the act of scrolling. Its too easy to trigger. I would rather rely solely on the tab at the top to navigate instead of this shortcut to swipe to the right because its too easy to accidentally do.
Edit: I was just writing an extended comment on someone's post, I put a lot of thought into it and was getting ready to post it, when I decided to scroll up to read other comments on the post, and just by scrolling up it pushed the comment section to the right and brought me back to my feed, losing the comment in the process. This is way too easy to trigger. Like I first said, I would rather solely rely on the navigation bar at the top, than have the swipe feature be so easy to trigger.
Edit: it just happened again, and I’m changing my review to one star. Seriously instagram, scrolling down shouldn’t scroll to the right.
The best around, but not perfect
I love Instagram, but these features would be nice in the next update:
• chronologically ordered posts
• a way to clear your history that resets your Explore page (this may exist)
• a way to unlink an account from Facebook, permanently
• photo dimensions other than 1:1 (square) when you have multiple photos in one post
• more than 140 characters in the bio (even Twitter has more for English now!)
• a less restrictive policy when it comes to censoring nudity (maybe adopt voluntary NSFW tagging for accounts like Tumblr does?)
• allow hyperlinks in captions and other text
• adopt searching by text content, not just by hashtags (I know you all can do it. You're Facebook. That's what you do)
• allow reordering of photos in a post with multiple photos after the post has been published. I love your policy of not allowing users to switch the photo completely after a post is out there and may even have been liked, but I don't see how being able to reorder photos in a post would harm anyone
• a way to hide the Explore page. It would be against your economic interests but it would help so many people who struggle with addiction, self-harm etc.
• and finally, allow for the creation of fake locations again. It's a core part of the culture of your app
Thanks for making this product!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 18.0
- Size: 136 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.