By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.26
Introducing the option to share a replay of your live video to Instagram Stories, so more friends and followers can catch up on what they missed.
- When your broadcast ends, tap “Share” at the bottom of the screen or tap the toggle and choose “Discard”
- When someone you follow shares a replay, you'll see a play button under their profile photo in the stories bar.
The ability to share and watch replays will be rolling out globally over the coming weeks.
Facebook is ruining Instagram
I've used Instagram for a long time and have been a proponent for it for so long. It's helped my career as a creative and helped me connect with great people. But it's been going downhill lately, and I see many other reviewers agree. When I heard FB bought it, I knew it was inevitable but it seemed ok at first. Now I realize they were just busy preparing ruining it in the background, and now it's all rolling out. Some updates are nice, mostly all the things they "borrowed" from Snapchat. But I'm being bombarded with ads now, constantly being suggested people to follow even tho I've clearly not followed them after the 10th time suggested, the algorithm is so terrible and the lack of chronological sort option shows they don't care about users just advertisers, the whole platform feels less personal bc of all the ads and oversaturation. I notice people engaging less, and I'm the same. It's just turning into a passive pretty picture Facebook, and there's a reason why I don't use Facebook anymore. I'm sad this is happening but I guess it's the natural course for these social tech companies. Give you a cool product then sell your info. I know they need to make money but there are other ways to do it without alienating your base. Sure you have more users but they don't love you anymore. Maybe that's fine as long as the ad money keeps coming in. Thanks for being a great product for many years though, I'll always appreciate original Instagram for that.
Love it...But also
Update: same. TL;DR: Awesome but also bring back rich notifications.
Instagram is splendid. I am a photographer starting out and the community of photographers on Instagram is spectacular. It does an even better job of curating a variety of excellent photography than some of those top Super Cool Photography Apps for People Who Like Subscriptions for Exposure. My only wish is that they'd bring back the super rich notifications wherein one could view the full photo of someone they're following or a photo that has been liked. It was there for like two seconds and I want it back. Sometimes I just want to see real quick what was liked or what the person posted so I can like it on-the-go without waiting for stuff to load. Trust me, I will still open the app later. Someone invested enough to turn on notifications for specific profiles is invested enough to still open up and engage in the apps (subtext: so your ads won't go unseen, I swear).
Stop with the suggestions!
I really hate that this app is heading down the annoying Facebook path by now suggesting who I follow. It is things like this that make me want to delete it (no need for two Facebooks). There is no way to hide this in my feed and those I delete (AKA I do not want to follow these people!) keep showing up in the feed every time I login! I use this site because I love photography... Not because I need to see the exact same photos I just saw on another social media app. Please remove this feature or give us control to hide it! Stop following other apps, be original... You already have a useful search engine to discover new connections. I don't need my current friends forced on me... If I wanted to follow them I know how and I also didn't forget from the last time I deleted them from the suggestions the last 10 logins! And now all the ads... including known fraudulent spam ads. So disappointing. Just stop or change your name to Facebook.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 10.26
- Size: 117 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.