Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
We have new features and improvements!
Close Friends List: Now, you can make a close friends list and share stories with just those people. To add friends to your list, go to your profile and tap on “Close Friends” in the side menu.
Accessibility Improvements: We're improving Instagram for people with visual impairments. We are automatically adding alternative text to photos on Feed, Explore and Profile so people who use screen readers can hear what's in the photo. We're also letting you add custom alternative text to these photos.
Ratings and Reviews
In the great big crowd of social media apps, Instagram continues to stand out for a reason: it makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy, and fun. Whether you’re posting breathtaking vacation photos tweaked with one of dozens of cool image filters or a video clip of an insane concert, Instagram’s uncluttered accessibility has kept it at the top of the social-sharing heap.
the same as the other 3million reviews.
Instagram, please listen to your users. I have had and been loyal to instagram for over 4 years now. Heck, I was here when instagram was still blue and brown. instagram used to be a great app. Please stop changing the algorithm to benefit advertisers. Also, the new explore page algorithm is incredibly hard to navigate and does not change to fit my taste. I have spent hours being active on accounts I like and selecting “don’t show me more like this” and have seen absolutely no change in my explore page. On top of that, explore is now way more clustered than before. As a creator on the app I understand how crucial algorithm is and do not appreciate being shoved to the bottom of my followers feeds under all the advertisements. I have also noticed an alarming amount of the advertisements I see are scams. The fact that turning on post notifications is practically necessary to keep updated on my favorite accounts is ridiculous and is killing traffic to many accounts causing them to die out. This means less users on your app. Even if not directly affected, when users have a hard time navigating the app they are bound to be less active. The app is becoming more and more like facebook. I have started to use instagram less and less for the reasons I no longer use facebook. I am just one of thousands of reviews all saying similar things. Please make changes if you care about your users and user experience.
Needs some work
I’ve had Instagram for years now and it’s one of my ways to engage with my friends and know what they’re up to. I like to know when they feel sad so I can cheer them up and when they feel happy so I can smile knowing they’re doing good. But ever since the new algorithm, its caught me in many situations in where I’ve lost all contact with my friends because I don’t know when they post and the other account I follow most recent posts. Yeah, of course I can turn on post notifications but why would I do that when I’ve already followed them and I should see all there posts on my feed. Why would you do that? Why would you take the perfectly fine chronological algorithm and then throw everything out the window? If it doesn’t need fixing then don’t fix it. I don’t need Instagram to tell ME what I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN, I follow those specific accounts because that’s what I’m interested in, not follow an account just so I’m not able to see their posts. At least make a setting where you can change between the new one and the chronological one. And the reason why there’s not a lot of demand for the change is because bigger Instagram account don’t even tell the difference seeing they follow so many people. It dramatically affects smaller accounts because now you can barely even communicate with your followers and it dramatically decreases the percent of anyone to see your most recent posts. Why did you think the new algorithm was a good idea???
- Instagram, Inc.
- 170 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Instagram, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.