By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.34
We're improving photo and video replies to make it easier to have fun visual conversations.
- Send a photo or video reply to specific posts, photos, and videos in your inbox. Your reply will automatically include a sticker of what you're replying to, and you can draw on the sticker.
- Open a split-screen mode by tapping the sticker.
These updates will be rolling out globally over the coming weeks.
Bring Back Chronological Feed
What gives Instagram HQ the right to choose what I see? Why do I see posts from 18 hours before, and not in-the-moment ones? Ever since Instagram introduced this update I see posts from the same people over and over. This system benefits only those who share pictures multiple times per day. It feeds into the mass-sharing, mass-consumption mentality that plagues our generation. It's not about the art, its quality or message, but about sharing as much as you can; about visiting the app every hour, to share, like, post, and repeat. Tough luck if you don't post enough—your followers won't see any of it when you do.
I have 10 thousand followers and used to clear about 800 likes per picture. Now I'm lucky if I get 100. Why? Because I post about once a month. Since my followers don't "like" my pictures enough—because I don't post often—they don't see my pictures when I do. That's the logic behind this update. Tell me, Instagram, how are others supposed to see and like my pictures if you rather show them something from yesterday? How am I supposed to engage with everyone whom I follow of you won't show me what they share?
It's too bad Instagram is too big to replace. It's worst, even, that the people who run it are infected with a mentality where more is more and less is forgotten, despite its message, quality or relevelance. Shame on you.
So I have the app and recently it has been acting funny. When I click on the app it crashes right away. This is definitely isn't a wifi problem. To get the crashing to stop I have to delete the app, redownload it and log back in. But that only works for a few hours, once it starts crashing again it doesn't stop. So I have to delete the app and do it all over again. It is becoming very agitating and I was hoping for an update to fix this issue. But the latest update hasn't fixed it yet so I hope this message makes you aware of the problem. Please, fix it soon so we all can happily Instagram again, without trouble. Thank you!
Edit: also I'm starting to think Instagram doesn't listen to the users concerns. We didn't like it when they messed up the order of posts, we voiced it and a year later there isn't even an option for it to be chronological! Seriously Instagram, if you want to get BETTER reviews then you must at least listen to the problems and concerns that the users are expressing and ACT ON THEM. Please and thank you
EDIT: it has been 3 updates and this problem is still not resolved. I am immensely disappointed
Discarded state and unordered feeds
I get extremely aggravated by two regrettable things about this app.
1. Say I copy a link to a post and then jump over to messages to share it with someone, and then jump back to Instagram within 30 seconds. Well, I don't get to go back to where I was, 100s of posts into my feed, because this sorry app takes me to the top of a refreshed feed. This is SLOPPY design, definitely not doing what the user would expect. Preserve and respect my app state, maybe?
2. Some group of arrogant people at IG decided they had created an algorithm that could better decide what I should see at any given time than I was capable of doing myself. Rather than just sorting all posts from accounts I follow chronologically and letting me scroll through, this awful algorithm picks what I will see when. Oh, an artist I follow announced a local show for tonight at the last minute? Sorry!! Our algorithm decided you wouldn't want to see that before tomorrow, AFTER the show!! That's just a stupidly arrogant design decision by these Silicon Valley geniuses. Please stop doing this.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 14, 2017
- Version: 10.34
- Size: 123 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.