By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.18
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
My favorite time waster, but...
Why do my notifications keep disappearing? I had notifications I wanted to go back to, but now the recommended accounts are in my notification feed and those notifications aren't there anymore. They're being deleted as more notifications come in and I can't figure out how to bring them back. Why did that happen? If it's just a bug please look into it, if it's a development please bring back the old notification page system. I had things I needed to find and now I can't do that because the notification is gone.
Overall Instagram is my favorite app I have. It's my way to stay connected with my friends and with what's happening in my interests. My only problem is the one described above and it's a small one, not a deal breaker; more of an inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to read this and for updating the app regularly to keep it running smoothly, I can't imagine the work that goes into keeping this thing active. Have a nice day, and stay healthy mentally and physically while you're working.
Stop The Madness
This somewhat recent update with your algorithmic feed is the worst thing to happen to Instagram. Revert it back or give us the option to revert it back. In my first 30 posts on the top of my feed, only 1 was from today and that was from 12 hours ago. The majority of them are from 5 or 6 days ago. If the algorithm feed had an option of how far back it could go and if it could be shortened to the same day, it wouldn't be so bad. But when I see that the Minnesota Wild beat the St. Louis Blues on my timeline today for the first time when the Blues already beat them again ending the first round of the playoffs, it is aggravating. When posts like that or other posts from 4-6 days ago are showing up before the posts that my friends are posting the same day about whatever new is happening in their lives, I get very angry. I miss posts from friends or don't see them for days because this algorithm decides to put posts from multiple days ago ahead of them and stops me from seeing them. If I cannot change it back to chronological order or shorten the span that the algorithm will go, I will stop using the app and urge the people I know to join me.
Something I Should've Addressed A Long time Ago
I love this app! I use it everyday to keep up with current events, my friends and funny memes. Since I use Instagram a lot to look at memes an update (I don't remember when) ruined my life! I thought it would be fixed but it wasn't. I used to have the ability to click on a post on someone's profile and then continue to scroll either up or down. Now if you click on a photo you can't keep scrolling past it. Instead, I must start with their most recent pic and start scrolling like a mad woman to see a continuous flow of old memes that I haven't quite reached the last time I visited their account. It is very frustrating to me and I hope this feature comes back in a new update! Why was it even removed in the first place? Other than that, these current updates have been working swell. It's just important to remember the little things matter to.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 24, 2017
- Version: 10.18
- Size: 99.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.