By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.34
We're improving photo and video replies to make it easier to have fun visual conversations.
- Send a photo or video reply to specific posts, photos, and videos in your inbox. Your reply will automatically include a sticker of what you're replying to, and you can draw on the sticker.
- Open a split-screen mode by tapping the sticker.
These updates will be rolling out globally over the coming weeks.
Bring Back Chronological Feed
What gives Instagram HQ the right to choose what I see? Why do I see posts from 18 hours before, and not in-the-moment ones? Ever since Instagram introduced this update I see posts from the same people over and over. This system benefits only those who share pictures multiple times per day. It feeds into the mass-sharing, mass-consumption mentality that plagues our generation. It's not about the art, its quality or message, but about sharing as much as you can; about visiting the app every hour, to share, like, post, and repeat. Tough luck if you don't post enough—your followers won't see any of it when you do.
I have 10 thousand followers and used to clear about 800 likes per picture. Now I'm lucky if I get 100. Why? Because I post about once a month. Since my followers don't "like" my pictures enough—because I don't post often—they don't see my pictures when I do. That's the logic behind this update. Tell me, Instagram, how are others supposed to see and like my pictures if you rather show them something from yesterday? How am I supposed to engage with everyone whom I follow of you won't show me what they share?
It's too bad Instagram is too big to replace. It's worst, even, that the people who run it are infected with a mentality where more is more and less is forgotten, despite its message, quality or relevelance. Shame on you.
I've been using Instagram for a while. My meme account was disabled and yeah I was disappointed and I was going to make a new account but sign up was blocked (the day my account was disabled) and the next day I tried to make a new account and the sign up was blocked too! I've tried resetting my phone and I'm not sure if i deleted and re-installed the app but today, I deleted and re-installed the app for sure and I couldn't sign into my main account! Everytime, it said "Sorry, there was a problem with your request." Please fix this. I just need to make a new account and log into my main account. || Edit: I made the new account on the Instagram website! I still can't log into my 2 instagram's on the app. I don't know if it's an IP ban or a bug but either way, the app needs a lots of bugs squished and a lot of improvement. Many other people seem to be having the "Sorry, there was a problem with your request" issue. Fix this please. Your app is a great way to chat with friends and keeping in touch, but the app has a lot of issues. Edit || STILL NOT WORKING! Are yall serious? You guys need to step your game up. If yall want money and good reviews, you're gonna have to fix all these problems! I can't log back into my 2 accounts on the app! Fix this please! I've been waiting for WEEKS and nothing works. Please fix!!!
Please get your stuff in order, Instagram.
I use Instagram quite a bit, mostly to browse through my explore page. It used to work pretty smoothly for me for years, but as of lately it's been incredibly frustrating to use.
I want to start off by addressing an issue that has been fixed (at least for me, anyway). A little while ago for about a month, videos would not play. They'd just freeze and show the "retry" button but whenever I clicked it, it did nothing. It was an incredibly irritating bug but it has since been fixed.
Now, on to what's been bothering me for the past week. The app has been crashing. Sure, it would crash once in a while after being on it for long periods of time but closing it and reopening it would fix it. However, it's been crashing when I open it, before anything even has a chance to load. The only way to get this problem to go away is to delete the app and then reinstall it, but that's only temporary, as the issue is quick present itself again. I've deleted and reinstalled the app 6 times in the last week, which is ridiculous.
Please, Instagram, fix yourself.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 14, 2017
- Version: 10.34
- Size: 123 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.