By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.13
While live videos will continue to disappear from the app, starting today you’ll have the option to save your live video to your phone after you're done.
•After your live broadcast ends, tap Save in the upper right corner.
•You'll only be able to save your video — not the comments, likes, number of viewers or any live interactions.
•After saving, tap Done and your live video will be saved to your camera roll but will no longer be available in the app.
Worse with every update
I have never written a review before, and this is actually my second time writing this, so the simple fact that I'm taking so much time to do this means there is really something wrong. I have seen these same problems that I am about to address in many other reviews with still no solution or response of any kind. Instagram used to be really good, but every time you change something it gets worse. Most recently, the "no posts yet" and "this account is private" letters have been made to be way to big, and it looks like you're being yelled at (there are others with this same opinion). I don't know why it was ever a good idea to try to tell people what they want to see in their feed, and every single person I have seen on Instagram and met in real life wants the chronological order back. Another thing is that there are constant updates with "bug fixes and performance improvements" but there has been a glitch with videos for a long time that has gone untouched. If you watch a video multiple times, each time it is replayed the audio becomes more and more delayed, to the point where the audio is starting at the end of the video and the two do not line up at all. This is my main form of social media and I really want to continue to use it, but everyday it feels like I'm beginning to use Facebook and Snapchat instead of Instagram.
i'm going to keep it short and simple
Facebook has a feature on their business page that let's the boosted pictures be seen by anyone following the page and anyone that saw the post through the promotion. Instagram needs this feauture because the pictures that i promote are separate
ones than the ones i post on my page. what's the point of having an unprivate account if my promoted picture is not connected to my original picture. there should not be two separate pictures because now i have like 80 likes on my promoted one and 40 on my regular ( i'm using instagram to promote my photography page) with this in mind the facebook promotion is way better and i use it way more because my friends and family that like my page like the same post as the people that are new to the page and just saw the post. please try to implement this but other than that i have used the business side of instagram to its fullest but would love to see thsi being implemented.
Great social media app
I downloaded Instagram about the time that the format changed (that huge update that some people treat as the end of all things), so I don't have many problems about how my life was drastically changed because of the update. I actually thought it was a nice idea! I don't have any problems with the app and actually it's a pretty easy user interface to get around with. I had two accounts for a while and it was quite easy to switch between them, except sometimes I posted stuff on the wrong account!
A lot of people have issues with Instagram Stories and the live videos. I don't use Instagram Stories, but my friends sometimes do, and the Stories don't really bother you that much. The push notifications for live videos can be annoying, but as long as you are okay with a couple extra notifications on your screen it's fine. For the most part Instagram has it done really well! 👍
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 20, 2017
- Version: 10.13
- Size: 94.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.