By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 26.0
We're introducing the ability to follow hashtags, giving you new ways to discover photos, videos and people on Instagram.
- When you find a hashtag you like, open the hashtag page and tap on the follow button.
- You'll begin seeing top posts from that hashtag in your feed and some of the latest stories in your stories bar.
Please stop messing with the home/feed tab
Instagram used to be the best social media out there. At least for the people using it. It was simple yet everything we needed. I’ve been on Instagram since the beginning and with every update it only got better. So much so, that it became my only Social. I loved it dearly. It helped me connect with people that had similar interests and so on. Recently though, it seems that Instagram is hell bent on destroying it. People are capable of paying to promote their pictures into my feed. There’s been times where I’ve had to scroll past random teens selfies becomes they promoted their pictures. Then, Instagram took the biggest hit when they removed chronological order in their posts. They decided they could assume what I wanted to see due to their algorithm. They were wrong. Despite how much we all hate it and yell at Instagram to fix it they see nothing wrong with the issue and have no intentions on fixing it. The most recent update was the cherry on top though for me and from what I’m seeing, many others. Instagram decided to put people I’m NOT following into my feed, not the explore tab, but my feed where I consciously hand pick each person to be there. They decided they could SUGGEST people there. That’s what the explore tab is for. That’s why I use that tab. I do not want people in my feed unless I want them there. Especially since I’m not sure what content I’ll find anymore due to Instagram not caring.
Please stop making unnecessary changes
I am finding it harder to use Instagram with every update. Changes that are being made are unnecessary and feel unnatural to me. I can’t see posts in chronological order, I have “suggestions” on the feed which I go to see ONLY what the people I’m following have been up to. That’s been slightly annoying, but now in the explore feed when I click on one post with the intention to scroll through all the posts suggested to me from various users... instead I’m met with only one users posts, most of which I’m not interested in and it’s annoying to have to go back and click the next picture to see the next meme or what-have-it, causing me to close the app and open FaceBook or Twitter instead as they aren’t making changes that are majorly affecting the way users browse content. I don’t know who instagram has put in charge of these updates, but every single update gets worse. ALSO not to mention, the app will automatically follow accounts that I have either never encountered or had no interest in following. I have never left a review in the AppStore but Instagram used to be my favorite social media outlet and now I’m much more fond of other things due to some of the updates and I think a lot of people might feel this way about the path instagram is taking.
While I enjoy this app, I've been using it for 3 years, there are some recent issues that have been bothering me. All the updates have just been going downhill since the chronological order of your feed was removed. My feed is a mess of the same people over and over again with posts from many days ago because instagram thinks I want to see that stuff above everything else. The "solution" was to help you stay up to date with the posts you miss, but now I am missing more posts in my feed than before because of this system. I recommend making it an option in settings to turn on chronological order of your feed, it would make things so much easier. Another issue I have is that I recently noticed that the accounts you follow are no longer in chronological order either? There seems to be no organized way they are put in order, it's just like it was randomly thrown in there like that. This proves to be very difficult for me to find accounts I have recently followed as they no longer show up at the top of my followed box. I am following over 1,600 accounts so I have a very hard time remembering the name of an account I just followed. I just wanted to find one account and now it's lost in the many accounts I follow. Please make these changes, it would make the app so much easier to use.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 11, 2017
- Version: 26.0
- Size: 143 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.