Instalicious, for Instagram
By Said M. Marouf
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Instalicious is the elegant way to experience Instagram on your Mac.
With its clean interface you'll enjoy browsing your Instagram feed, photos, popular photos, photos you've liked, and more. Instalicious is Retina ready and supports a rich gesture based interface that allows you to easily maneuver within the app. A rich set of keyboard shortcuts is also supported. Looks amazing on Retina displays too.
NOTE: Uploading photos is not supported at the moment due to Instagram's limitations on 3rd party apps. You also need an Instagram account to be able to use Instalicious. You can create an account via Instagram's free iPhone app.
• Retina ready.
• View your feed, popular photos, photos you've posted, and photos you've liked.
• Video Support.
• View your profile and user profiles. View followers and friends too.
• Save photos to your Mac. Drag and drop support too.
• Search for users and tags (prefix with @ to search users only, # tags only).
• Save your favorite tags, users, and locations.
• Like and comment on photos.
• Delete your comments and moderate comments on your photos.
• View likes and comments on photos.
• View photos at specific locations.
• Share photos via Twitter (Mountain Lion only).
• View full photo size (press the Spacebar).
• View photos and their authors on Instagram.com.
• Copy photo URL.
• Clickable hashtags and usernames within captions and comments.
• Full two finger gesture support (visit instaliciousapp.com for a full set of gestures)
• Full keyboard navigation support (visit instaliciousapp.com for a full set of shortcuts)
• Double click title bar to scroll to top.
• Notification center support (optional).
• Icon badge (optional).
• Pin to top on refresh (optional).
• Auto refresh support.
Hope you enjoy Instalicious!
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Bug Fixes
Likes do not stick
I’m not entirely sure how the “likes” work on this app, but not all of them stick. You can go through and “like” photos, but if your check your Insta on your phone you will see that the “like” you made using this app des not appear on your phone. Essentially the app is no good for liking photos, which is what I understood it to do when I made the purchase. It is a decent desktop version of Instagram other than not being able to “like” photos like normal.
Nice if a little buggy
I really like this app for having my instagram feed up to view. I don't have any significant complaints about the design and functionality. A couple bugs keep it from being perfect though. It stops auto-refreshing after a bit and has to be restarted to get it to start refreshing again. Also, it crashes often when displaying videos.
Likes do not stick
Like LolliB1989 said, the app does not work for liking photos. They appear to be liked in the app, but if you refresh and check again, the photos will not be liked. You can also test by going to the instagram app on your phone and you’ll see none of the photos you liked using Instalicious are actually liked.
Simply put, app is completely useless for liking photos.