By Tal Shrestha
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Highest rated lyrics finding app on the Mac App Store ***
Instalyrics is the quickest way to find lyrics. Just click the icon and Instalyrics will instantly find a website with the lyrics.
Instalyrics will automatically refresh the Safari tab with the lyrics to the next song.
• Find lyrics for songs in any language
• Easy to use well-thought-of unobtrusive design
• iTunes, Spotify, Rdio, Radium and Sonora
• YouTube, Last.FM, GrooveShark and Rdio
• Lyrics are opened in Safari
• Instalyrics automatically updates the Safari tab with lyrics to the next song
• Wirelessly detect what's playing on your Mac and get the lyrics right on your device (sold separately)
* Requires some accuracy in the title when playing from iTunes or YouTube.
* Instalyrics is not affiliated with YouTube, Spotify, GrooveShark , Last.FM, Rdio or Radium. The YouTube, Spotify, GrooveShark, Last.FM, Rdio and Radium logos are the property of their respected companies and have been used for informational purposes only.
* Attributions: MAAttachedWindow by Matt Gammell
What's New in Version 1.1.5
- fixed "trial over" bug
Great App, hope it would get drop down feature
Update: I really don’t know what is happening, this app was flawless. Now there is a new bug, I have several desktops, the desktop that I’m on when I click instalyrics have the drop down bar stuck on it always, only way to remove it is to click on instalyrics, this was never the case before, it used to get me my lyrics & go away. Also, I don’t know if that is part of the bug, the drop donw search bar look different, gredient greyish & old, I remember the app looked better & was a good fit for the design of the OSx now it feels like I’m using & 15 years old windows.
I wish I stuck with few versions back & never updated those last 2 updates. Still 4 stars, not less, giving you the benefit of the doubt ;-)
Thanks for fixing the “Trial Over” Bug :-) Also thanks for the fast responce.
I hope you would make it that safari won’t have to open to show the lyrics, I would like it to be a drop down from the top menu from the instalyrics app icon.
Just copy and paste...
I thought this app would display lyrics. It doesn’t. All it does is copy the song/artist info from your music player, open a browser and paste the info into a lyrics search. If I have to have my browser open anyway for this app to work, why can’t I just copy and paste myself? It’s annoying, too, because if I don’t have my browser open, it automatically opens it. Why doesn’t the developer just integrate a mini-browser into this menu bar app? Just scrape the lyrics from a site and present them in plain text; that’s what users want. I already have apps that find lyrics like this one does: it’s called Apple Safari and Google Chrome...
fun little app, works pretty well
Works pretty well most of the time - occasionally I’ll get directed to a wikipedia page or something without lyrics, but nine out of ten times I get an accurate lyrics page. I would really like it to work with Chrome, as it ends up being the only reason I ever open safari, but otherwise I dig it.