By TapMedia, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Instamac is an elegant and easy to use Instagram client for Mac.
• Classic single image scrolling view or a new "grid view"
• Multitouch gesture support: Use two fingers on your trackpad to resize images with ease
• Easy image enlarging: Highlight an image and press the spacebar to view an image in full resolution
• Profile support: Click a person's username and you're given an easy to read profile view which includes their bio, links to their images, and a follow button
• Automatic updating: Instamac allows you to set how often you want your feed to be updated with images from the people you follow
• Easy user and tag search/save : Search for friends or tags with ease and even save your searches to a convenient location within the sidebar
• Popular Images: Easily view the most popular images, just like you would with Instagram for iPhone
• Favorites: Instamac loads the images you favorited to your account and allows you to view them all at once
• Slideshow (VERY USEFUL!): With Instamac, you can start a slideshow about...well, anything! For example, if your viewing images of a certain tag you've searched such as "waterfalls", you can start a slideshow to continuously display all the beautiful images of waterfalls on Instagram!
• Themes: We want to let you choose how Instamac looks for you! Therefore, we've added a setting that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Instamac to match your personality.
• Notifications: Instamac supports all the notification settings you can imagine. From displaying a number badge on it's icon, to showing a message in Mountain Lion's notification center, to Growl support, you'll always know when a new image comes in.
• Multi User-Accounts: Have multiple Instagram accounts? Maybe one for personal use and one for business use? Instamac supports that!
• Pull to refresh
Version 1.1 is already ready for review by Apple! This version will have bug fixes, full retina screen support, and some feature additions. It will also include an even more elegant and easy to use design with a helpful getting started menu when you first open the application. Stay tuned by following @instamacapp on Twitter!
What's New in Version 1.1
✓ Completely refined user interface
✓ Retina Screen support for the new MacBook Pro
-We've spent a lot of time going through each and every user interface element to make Instamac the most elegant Instagram Client for the Mac.
✓ Slideshow functionality is much improved.
-Now, tap the slideshow button in the toolbar to create a beautiful, full screen slideshow of your image feed, a particular tag, or images of a particular user.
✓ Improved settings view
✓ Now save an image to your computer by pressing the "command" and "S" buttons on your keyboard.
✓ Instamac now automatically enables alerts in Notification Center, as well as auto-refresh. If you wish to modify these settings, or add a sound that plays when you receive a new image, you'll find these options in the settings view.
Update on Support for Older OS's:
Instamac currently supports Mac OSX Mountain Lion, the latest operating system for the Mac. Due to Instamac's complexity as an advanced Instagram client while maintaining an easy to use interface, it is currently not possible to bring support for older versions of Mac OSX.
Needs some finessing.
It's not a terrible app, but I can understand some of the bad reviews. The first thing you'll probably notice is that it's quite spartan. It doesn't feel like a high quality piece of Mac software. Due to there being only 3 items on the side bar, it feels barren. Too much negative space. The picture layout is ok. The new background is a big improvement, but it's still, perhaps, a little skeuomorphic-heavy. The texture paper backgrounds on the images makes the software feel a little cheap. A big annoyance is that on every post, there are two numbers in the bottom right corner. No icons. Just numbers. They correlate to likes and comments, but you have to click on the number to know this. If you leave your own like or comment, then the icons appear. The only other big gripe I had is that with a wheel mouse the scrolling is WAY too fast. I have to deliberately scroll very slowly.
My complaints aside, the app has potential. IMHO, if the author were to simplify things greatly, tone down the skeuomorphism a notch or three, and focus on delivering a more succinct UI, this would be a great app. Of course, by that point it might end up looking largely like another Instagram viewer that's already out there. But, maybe that's something you should factor in while deciding which to drop your money on.
I must say…This is a really great app.
I'm really impressed with Instamac.
The new update has made the interface look super sleek and I love the overall ease of use.
Overall, fantastic app. Very intuitive and feature filled, but simple at the same time. Great job tapmedia!
Instamac is an FANTASTIC Instagram app for Mac!
Instamac has all the featues you'd come to expect from Instagram on iOS. Just the seamless multitouch gestures and notification system make it worth the price