Instant Heart Rate: Heart Rate & Pulse Monitor
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Just featured in Apple's new TV Ad “Strength” - use your iPhone to find out your heart rate in less than 10 seconds!
Also now supports Apple Health App, please enable in Instant Heart Rate Settings -> Health App Sharing.
You DON’T need a dedicated heart rate monitor to get your pulse, download Instant Heart Rate today and use your camera’s flash to see how healthy you are!
With over 35 million users, the award-winning Instant Heart Rate app is all over the web.
Featured in: CNN, The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, The Guardian, and many more.
#1 Heart Rate app in United States
#1 Heart Rate app in Japan
#1 Heart Rate app in United Kingdom
#1 Heart Rate app in Australia
#1 Heart Rate app in Germany
#1 Heart Rate app in France
#1 Heart Rate app in China
#1 Heart Rate app in Russia
#1 Heart Rate app in Canada
… and many more.
Instant Heart Rate is continuously rated as the world’s best mobile heart rate measurement app and is trusted by Stanford’s leading cardiologists for use in clinical trials.
* Place the tip of your index finger on the iPhone’s camera, and in a couple of seconds, your pulse will be shown!
* Instant Heart Rate detects a color change in your finger tip each time your heart beats and uses an advanced algorithm to show you your heart rate.
* A real-time chart will show you every heartbeat, similar to pulse oximeters used in hospitals.
√ Heart rate measurement
√ Heart Rate Activity Zone Calculator
√ Pulse waveform graphs
√ Real-time photoplethysmogram (PPG) graph
√ Continuous or Auto-Stop mode
√ Unlimited data storage and tags
√ Export data for registered users
√ StandUp test for fatigue and fitness testing
√ Sharing to Twitter and Facebook
√ Apple Health App Support (Instant Heart Rate Settings -> Health App Sharing)
Upgrade to Premium to receive unlimited access to Premium Programs and Playpen Freeplay workouts, HD videos, dynamic and motivational audio, workout email summaries with tips and advice on healthy living, priority support, and more through renewable iTunes subscription.
We offer auto-renewing subscriptions with the following specifications:
- Subscriptions are 1 month or 12 months long
- Subscriptions are $9.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD per year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
NOTE: Works best on iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/6/6S/7/7+ because it has flash. On iPhone 3GS and iPod touch the app has to be used in good lighting.
NOTE: Make sure that your fingertip completely covers the camera lens. Press gently, since pressing too hard reduces blood flow in your finger and it's harder to get a result. Make sure that your fingers are not cold. This app is for recreational and fitness use only!
* NOT INTENDED FOR MEDICAL USE, FOR FITNESS USE ONLY
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
From our heart to yours,
What's New in Version 5.72
Happy New Year from the Azumio team!
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Really works as far as I can tell, and everything lines up with doctors' office readings and old-fashioned pulse measurements
Edit: yes it does what it says on the tin but "instant" is somewhat of a misnomer now. When you open the app it prompts you to make an account, and to skip that you have to find a barely visible plain text button. Then it sends you to an ad for their premium service and like two other ads before actually dropping you into the app. Its annoying when you just want a really quick look in between sets. I'm not mad, I know they have to finance development somehow and I'm not pressure aware of a better alternative. But with these updates I would no longer call it "instant".
Too many pop up ads makes it cumbersome
Too many pop up ads to be able to use. Don't bother with this unless you just try it once and then be willing to buy how ever many things required to make this usable. It says "free," but the price is that the ads won't let you see your results (I got a glimpse but before I could focus to read the smaller print it was covered up). The pop ups are full-sized blocking you from using it, and unless you click in just right spot you will find yourself redirected to other windows. I exercised and took my pulse but an ad blocked the results. Then I hit the wrong spot and was in the Apple Store, closed out of that, reopened the app only to have to start over. By then I had rested too long...and then more ads! Very frustrating.
Great heart rate monitor, but ads a little much
The actual heat rate monitor is great. Sensitive, accurate and giving a pulse wave. Because of the wave you can even use it to see heart beat regularity which is great for several heart conditions.
I expect a free app to be ad supported. Ad support is a continuum from barely even noticed and to so intrusive that it interferes with the ability to use the app. I think this app could benefit from scaling back ads just a bit so it doesn't interfere so much. Especially with a heart rate, I want to get a measurement right when I start the app. By the time you get through ads to the measurement screen here it can effect the reading.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 09, 2017
- Version: 5.72
- Size: 189 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AZUMIO, inovacije v elektroniki in informacijskih tehnologijah d.o.o.
- © 2015 Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Feature upgrade$0.99
- Stand-Up™ Test$3.99