The most accurate and easy-to-use heart rate app
- Used in heart research at UCSF!
- Get your heart rate in less than 10 seconds
- Check your stress levels
- See trends and insights
Just featured in Apple's new TV Ad “Strength” - use your iPhone to find out your heart rate in less than 10 seconds!
You DON’T need a dedicated heart rate monitor to get your pulse, download Instant Heart Rate today and use your camera’s flash to see how healthy you are!
With over 35 million users, the award-winning Instant Heart Rate app is all over the web.
Featured in: CNN, The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, The Guardian, and many more.
#1 Heart Rate app in United States
#1 Heart Rate app in Japan
#1 Heart Rate app in United Kingdom
#1 Heart Rate app in Australia
#1 Heart Rate app in Germany
#1 Heart Rate app in France
#1 Heart Rate app in China
#1 Heart Rate app in Russia
#1 Heart Rate app in Canada
… and many more.
Instant Heart Rate is continuously rated as the world’s best mobile heart rate measurement app and is trusted by Stanford’s leading cardiologists for use in clinical trials.
* Place the tip of your index finger on the iPhone’s camera, and in a couple of seconds, your pulse will be shown!
* Instant Heart Rate detects a color change in your finger tip each time your heart beats and uses an advanced algorithm to show you your heart rate.
* A real-time chart will show you every heartbeat, similar to pulse oximeters used in hospitals.
√ Heart rate measurement
√ Heart Rate Activity Zone Calculator
√ Pulse waveform graphs
√ Real-time photoplethysmogram (PPG) graph
√ Continuous or Auto-Stop mode
√ Unlimited data storage and tags
√ Export data for registered users
√ StandUp test for fatigue and fitness testing
√ Sharing to Twitter and Facebook
√ Apple Health App Support (Instant Heart Rate Settings -> Health App Sharing)
Upgrade to Premium to receive unlimited access to Premium Programs and Playpen Freeplay workouts, HD videos, dynamic and motivational audio, workout email summaries with tips and advice on healthy living, priority support, and more through renewable iTunes subscription.
We offer auto-renewing subscriptions with the following specifications:
- Subscriptions are 1 month or 12 months long
- Subscriptions are $9.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD per year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
NOTE: Works best on iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/6/6S/7/7+ because it has flash. On iPhone 3GS and iPod touch the app has to be used in good lighting.
NOTE: Make sure that your fingertip completely covers the camera lens. Press gently, since pressing too hard reduces blood flow in your finger and it's harder to get a result. Make sure that your fingers are not cold. This app is for recreational and fitness use only!
* NOT INTENDED FOR MEDICAL USE, FOR FITNESS USE ONLY
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
From our heart to yours,
Track heart rate. Measure stress levels.
Monitor your body with the most accurate and easy-to-use heart rate app.
Here's what we have for you in this update:
- Bug and performance fixes
Your reviews and feedback are important to us! We read them daily to continually improve our application.
From our heart to yours,
Instant Heart Rate Team
Ratings and Reviews
Great health application 👍
Been using this application for2-3 years, usually after walking 5-10 miles outdoor , at the gym, after waking up in the morning or just showing to individuals who do not know of the built-in heart application on their iPhone that goes with the heart rate monitor, the free part I like the best because it is simple and easy to use by starting the application and placing your index finger on the lenses of your camera when the light comes on, be patient and leave the finger gently on the lighted area till the circle finishes a full circle and gives you a pulse rate number, there’s a note pad to write what activity you where doing before taking your measurements, Am 64 years old and this tool helps keeping track of my fitness progression in moderation and consistency. ❤️😎
Very good app
One of my favorites. It seems rather accurate. Will test this against a Holter monitor later this month. So far it seems the highest degree of accuracy is attained by laying the phone on your finger while resting your arm on a table and don't move. I hope it can be possible to export the graphs to open on the computer in order to view the full range of the pressure of each pulse. I can see in the Realtime graph how it is resized, say from a group of strong pulses to a group of Weak pulses. My pulses are strong when I breathe in and weak when I breathe out. The saved graph does not indicate this.
You get a bunch of ads when you open the app. Yeah, it's irritating, especially if you want to get a reading right away, but it doesn't interfere with the performance or accuracy while the test is monitoring.
Works great but ...
The only objection I have is the app makes you struggle through a few pages that encourage you to first login through facebook, which you can decline (no login is necessary at all but not clear if you can set it up to skip this page; then you get another page encouraging you to sign up for premium ( what you would want premium escapes me) then it measures your pulse and then you have to turn down some other choice before it gives you the result.
Other than that, the bp measurement is a snap and works great. You don’t even need to use a finger - almost any place will do. 10 seconds any it’s done.
I would like to be able to use this in an emergency and the clunky interfering steps that try to rope you into making more profit for the coders are a serious detraction.
- AZUMIO, inovacije v elektroniki in informacijskih tehnologijah d.o.o.
- 225.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Azumio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $4.99
- Stand-Up™ Test $3.99
- Premium $9.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.