Most accurate and easy-to-use heart rate app
- Used in heart research at UCSF!
- Get your heart rate in less than 10 seconds
- Check your stress levels
- See trends and insights
Just featured in Apple's new TV Ad “Strength” - use your iPhone to find out your heart rate in less than 10 seconds!
You DON’T need a dedicated heart rate monitor to get your pulse, download Instant Heart Rate today and use your camera’s flash to see how healthy you are!
With over 35 million users, the award-winning Instant Heart Rate app is all over the web.
Featured in: CNN, The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, The Guardian, and many more.
#1 Heart Rate app in United States
#1 Heart Rate app in Japan
#1 Heart Rate app in United Kingdom
#1 Heart Rate app in Australia
#1 Heart Rate app in Germany
#1 Heart Rate app in France
#1 Heart Rate app in China
#1 Heart Rate app in Russia
#1 Heart Rate app in Canada
… and many more.
Instant Heart Rate is continuously rated as the world’s best mobile heart rate measurement app and is trusted by Stanford’s leading cardiologists for use in clinical trials.
* Place the tip of your index finger on the iPhone’s camera, and in a couple of seconds, your pulse will be shown!
* Instant Heart Rate detects a color change in your finger tip each time your heart beats and uses an advanced algorithm to show you your heart rate.
* A real-time chart will show you every heartbeat, similar to pulse oximeters used in hospitals.
√ Heart rate measurement
√ Heart Rate Activity Zone Calculator
√ Pulse waveform graphs
√ Real-time photoplethysmogram (PPG) graph
√ Continuous or Auto-Stop mode
√ Unlimited data storage and tags
√ Export data for registered users
√ StandUp test for fatigue and fitness testing
√ Sharing to Twitter and Facebook
√ Apple Health App Support (Instant Heart Rate Settings -> Health App Sharing)
Upgrade to Premium to receive unlimited access to Premium Programs and Playpen Freeplay workouts, HD videos, dynamic and motivational audio, workout email summaries with tips and advice on healthy living, priority support, and more through renewable iTunes subscription.
We offer auto-renewing subscriptions with the following specifications:
- Subscriptions are 1 month or 12 months long
- Subscriptions are $9.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD per year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
NOTE: Works best on iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/6/6S/7/7+ because it has flash. On iPhone 3GS and iPod touch the app has to be used in good lighting.
NOTE: Make sure that your fingertip completely covers the camera lens. Press gently, since pressing too hard reduces blood flow in your finger and it's harder to get a result. Make sure that your fingers are not cold. This app is for recreational and fitness use only!
* NOT INTENDED FOR MEDICAL USE, FOR FITNESS USE ONLY
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
From our heart to yours,
Track heart rate. Measure stress levels.
Monitor your body with the most accurate and easy-to-use heart rate app.
Here's what we have for you in this update:
- Finger detection improvements
Your reviews and feedback are important to us! We read them daily to continually improve our application.
From our heart to yours,
Instant Heart Rate Team
Ratings and Reviews
May have saved my life
When I was 51, I found myself feeling really sluggish. I thought it may have been menopause or maybe depression. At the same time I kept using the app to check my heart rate and it repeatedly came out in the low 40's. This went on for a couple of weeks until I finally took my results in to the cardiologist. At first he didn't believe me and since I had no other symptoms he said the app was just wrong. Because I had consistently been get such low pulse reading I kept pestering him and He reluctantly order a Holter monitor test. When the results came back the next evening I was told to get to the ER asap and had a pacemaker the next morning. Turns out had complete heart block which is an electrical issue not a cholesterol/artery one. Without this app detecting my low pulse I would not have pushed the cardiologist the run any tests and would have listened when he said I was fine. I am so grateful for this app. Not sure what would have happened without it.
Excellent for characterizing cardiac rhythm
I have been cardioverted twice for atrial fibrillation. Thus, it is important that I monitor my cardiac rhythm regularly. A few months ago I noticed an interesting anomaly in rhythm when I looked at my heart rate. Every third beat occurred earlier than the two previous beats and showed less blood flow. this pattern was reproducible. As a Med school professor, I had an MD/PhD student who studied genetic changes in young and old rat hearts due to aging, thus I am familiar with ecgs. I suspected a condition termed trigeminy in which every third beat is a premature ventricle contraction (PVC) beginning in the ventricle instead of the SA node. I emailed the graph to my cardiologist who had me come in for an ECG. It confirmed my “diagnosis” that indeed I was in trigeminy. Subsequently flow normalized and I have not again seen this condition. Electrolytes such as sodium and potassium play crucial roles in regulating cardiac rhythm so this condition could have been due to lower than normal concentration of an electrolyte such as potassium.
I have used this app prior on an older iPhone. Back about a year ago I didn’t care for it because it wasn’t as accurate. Now since I think the Developer did some tweaking and fixed it I have no complaints. I have actually used it along with a true 3 lead heart monitor and it is maybe one or two BPM off but that’s a huge improvement from the older versions. I recommend holding you index finger sideways pointing to the right side of your phone with the camera. For some reason you get a more accurate reading that way. Just a suggestion! I recommend this app to anyone who like me has heart issues. I suffer from sinus tachycardia and this is pretty much the best app. Also you get the free stress test as well as participation in the Heart Disease Study when you sign up. Anything I can do to help scientist and doctors treat heart issues and save lives I’m happy to review this app. I don’t review a lot of my apps but this one is deserving!
- AZUMIO, inovacije v elektroniki in informacijskih tehnologijah d.o.o.
- 192 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Azumio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Heart Rate & Stress Test $9.99
- Premium $9.99
- Feature upgrade $0.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.