By Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized Text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience.
Instapaper Core Features:
- Save most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for the iPhone and iPad screens.
- Store up to 500 articles on your iPhone or iPad, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website.
- Read offline, even on airplanes, subways, on elevators, or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Send to Instapaper from 150 other iPhone and iPad apps.
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Automatic Dark and Sepia Mode switching for sunset times in your location
- Sort your list of unread items by popularity, date, article length, and shuffle
- Filter your list of unread items by reading time
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Share via email, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Pinboard, Evernote, or other supported apps
- Rotation lock
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Send to Kindle functionality
- Use third-party apps that plug into the Instapaper API
- Additional functionality on the Instapaper website
The Instapaper subscription is optional, and the subscription features are available via an auto-renewing subscription.
Instapaper offers three subscription options:
- 3 month subscription for $2.99
- 6 month subscription for $5.99
- 1 year subscription for $11.99
Payments will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscription can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Subscriptions cannot be cancelled for the current active period.
- Featured by Apple many times in the App Store, including both the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame
- Macworld Editor's Choice Award
- Featured in Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, TechCrunch, PCMag, TUAW, The Next Web, and many other magazines, newspapers, and websites
What's New in Version 5.1.5
* Instapaper Daily integration
* Send to Kindle functionality (subscriber only)
* Autorenewable subscriptions
* Improved AirPlay integration
* Fix back gestures with pagination enabled
* Other minor enhancements
I recently switched to Instapaper from Pocket, and am so glad I did! Instapaper is full of little things that enhance the experience. The index of articles has little dots at the bottom, so you can easily pick out a short or long article; those dots also indicate your progress in an article!
Tilt Scrolling sounds like a gimmicky feature, but is very nice. No need to readjust your hold on the iPad - just slightly tilt the device and it slowly scrolls.
Other great "little things" are auto night mode after sunset, and automatically syncing when you arrive at a location...like your favorite craft coffee shop. The article view, while "white", has nice subtle grey gradient!
I would like to see the icons revised. They look a little...cheap and not iOSy. Primarily, "Liked" in article view, "Friends" and "The Feature" in the sidebar. This is where Pocket has a _slight_ win over Instapaper - their UI there is highly polished.
Tilt Scrolling could use a slight improvement: I will sometimes over-scroll by half a line, cutting off text. If I stop scrolling within a line of the start of a new paragraph, what about moving slightly to the break between paragraphs?
Best app ever
I send everything I want to read to instapaper for YEARS. It works flawlessly and easily. I have it connected to my browsers, my feed readers, my mobile devices- I also send instapaper articles to my kindle right from the instapaper iphone app now in this latest version. Awesome feature! Daily and weekly suggested reading lists are crowd sourced curation of the best of journalism. So smart!
Automatic renewal required - Documentation
I dislike any app, or anything else, that ONLY gives you an option for automatic renewal. Even when you sign up for the app, you can NOT then go back and cancel automatice renewal. You can only delete your account.
Documentation - WHY is it so difficult for developers to put some sort of documentation somewhere, like a website, to tell people how to use the various features of their apps?
Would you sell software that didn't give you any documentation anywhere?
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 27, 2014
- Version: 5.1.5
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
- © 2013 Instapaper Holdings, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Optional Subscription (3 months)$2.99
- Optional Subscription (1 year)$11.99
- Optional Subscription$2.99
- Optional Subscription$11.99
- Optional Subscription (6 months)$5.99
- Optional Subscription$5.99