By Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech, which can be controlled via the Apple Watch.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Save to Instapaper from other iOS applications with one tap.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and relax!
- Control text-to-speech right from your Apple Watch.
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
- Full-text search for articles in your account
What's New in Version 7.3.2
* Updated app analytics.
* Minor fixes and improvements.
Read web pages on the go...
It's an awesome app to read news, blogs and websites at a point when it's more convenient, whether you're connected to the internet or not. Although Pocket is a good rival, Instapaper is a decent app with some unique features.
One of the most interesting features it offers is tilt scrolling. It has turned Instapaper to a pleasurable reading app. However, I couldn't find an option to enable it by default. It's not easy to choose an icon from the toolbar and tap on a menu item to enable it every time an article is opened. There could be a faster shortcut to toggle this feature.
I was introduced to Instapaper after reading a book by David Cottrell as a method to become a more effective time manager. That suggestion is totally spot on if you enjoy learning and becoming informed through reading. Even though they experienced a technical hiccup a few weeks ago, they addressed it and came back stronger and better than ever. It is a time saver and terrific storage place for relevant information. I'm sold.
Great App Ruined by Awful Performance
Instapaper is a fantastic app, and I used to use it daily, but about months ago (summer 2016), it started to become extremely laggy. Merely scrolling down an text-only article is enough to cause the app to freeze up for seconds at a time (usually 2-10 seconds). This now happens so frequently (every couple of swipes) and has become so frustrating that I've needed to use Pocket to read articles. I really hope that this performance issue is fixed in future updates.
(I have an iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 10.2.1)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 05, 2017
- Version: 7.3.2
- Size: 55.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
- © 2014 Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.