Instateam mobile app is used by thousands of teams and social groups including sports teams, classrooms, churches, boy scouts, and many other kinds of groups. It is a consolidated mobile dashboard for team admins, sports team managers, teachers or coaches with instant access to all the team information. Several high school and college athletic directors use Instateam to manage, communicate with and get access to all their teams in an integrated mobile and web environment.
The mobile-first design of Instateam supports almost all team management functions on the mobile app and does not require web access. A simple to use mobile interface makes it convenient for team admins and team members.
What makes Instateam different from other sports team management apps like TeamSanp or Teamapp?
Instateam automates creating team rosters and event schedules with an advanced mobile and email notification system. While notification system generates automatic notifications, the team members can easily customize their notification preferences. Instateam’s real-time messaging, similar to Whatsapp, makes the communication with team members very effective. Admins can check who has read their urgent messages and who has not. Most importantly, all the enhanced features in Instateam are free.
Here are some of the enhanced features that you will not find in other team management apps.
• Team Roster: Easily import and export team members from excel file or copy team members between teams. Members can also join team using self-signup
• Simple and quick signup with single sign-on integration with Google and Facebook.
• Events Management: Create multiple games, practices, meetings and other events on multiple days with just few clicks. No need to create one event at a time. Edit multiple events in one click.
• Communication via instant messaging, team messages or team surveys
• Schedule Integration: Import events from an excel file or use iCal link from external calendars to subscribe. Export team events in multiple formats such as excel, iCal, web url or integrate directly with Google calendar.
• Carpool: Team admins can easily check who needs a ride, who is driving and arrange carpool. Coaches can also add transportation for games or events.
• Signup Items: Create signup items for single event or multiple events with just few clicks. Send reminders and easily export signup list.
• Track Items: Assign tasks or items to team members with due date. Find out who need to return team equipment, submit registration or medical forms, etc,
• Notification flags when a payment is due or a track item task is not completed.
• Payments & Dues: Receive payment from team members using Paypal and keep track of who paid when and how. Coaches or team admins can easily view which members have not paid their dues
• Attendance and player availability: Team members or parents can set their availability for upcoming events. Coaches can mark member attendance as present or absent for the events.
• Team Surveys: Create custom team surveys with response by date
• Privacy: InstaTeam gives full control to team member to keep their information private and still be able to communicate with other team members.
• Team Fans and followers: Sports teams can promote their teams by getting fans within local community as team supporters. The fans can view all games schedule and be there to support the team.
• Ads Free Subscription: The subscription removes ads within the app. The in-app purchase is charged to your itunes account after confirmation. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchaseSubscription. Subscription automatically renews for 3 months unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
This release contains minor bug fixes and improvements
The facebook sdk has been updated to fix login via facebook issue
Ratings and Reviews
Not great, ads free version too expensive
I find this app clunky to navigate to find the information I’m looking for, which is not helped at all by the ads popping up while switching between every section of the app. I use this for two different teams which makes it even less user-friendly. The ads-free version is not at all cost effective for the length of my kids’ seasons, hence why I avoid using the app because the ads are ridiculous. If this is actually designed for use by sports teams, the “Events” section should be able to distinguish between practices and games easier. All in all, I pretty much hate using this app and hope my kids’ teams choose a more user-friendly app next season.
Developer Response ,
Please help us understand which part of the app was hard to navigate. Also, the ad-free version is less than $1/month which we do not believe is too expensive. If coaches signup the team it is even cheaper. Hope the coach can signup for ad-free version and the team members can contribute.
Parents are super busy so having ads in your face every 30 seconds is aggravating.
Parents are super busy so having ads in your face every 30 seconds is aggravating. It seems every third click pops up an ad that has the X cleverly concealed (but not invisible) and time-restricted so you can’t click it until it gets so far. This is nonesense for parents who are on the run and trying to balance their child’s schedule with their own. I wouldn’t pay to upgrade-we’ll just find a different app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your comments. You can subscribe to ad-free version with less than $1/month. We feel that is very little cost to pay for the amount of features that Instateam has. You can also ask your coach to pay for team subscription which will be just few cents per months for teams of 20 members or so.
Stay the hell away unless you want to pay!
Unless you are ok waiting for video commercials to play before you see whatever you need to see then look elsewhere. You literally have to watch an ad before seeing a message the coach just posted.
Our coach selected the app so we paid - TWICE to stop the madness. Does not take into consideration the family sharing in the Apple store. Each member with an account in the app must pay to stop the advertising madness.
App functionality seems fine. There are other apps that are much less intrusive with their ads or leverage the Family Sharing option in the App Store.
The development team does care about accurate info in the reviews and I do apologize for mis-representing the sharing of personal info with advertisers with the initial review I submitted.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your comment, but please do not write false statements. Instateam does not sell any personal information to any 3rd party. All ads are provided by Google and we do not give any user information to Google. Also, ads are main revenue source for the company. If the coach paid for the app, then ads will not appear. It is false to claim that the coach paid twice. Also, our subscription fee is less than $1/month to stop ads. Given the extensive list of free features in the app, showing ads is how we can pay our team.
- XYMOB, Inc.
- 44.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 XYMOB Inc
- In-App Purchases
- InstaTeam ads free version $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.