Insteon for Hub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The new Insteon Hub connects you to your home from any smartphone or tablet. Control Insteon light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or push notification alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you're away.
Download the Insteon for Hub app, connect your Insteon Hub, select your favorite Insteon devices for your home and enjoy!
The Insteon Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control Insteon devices in your home while you're there, when you're at work, or out of town.
Easy Device Scheduling
Want to turn on your bedside lamp automatically to help wake you up in the morning? How about program the porch light to turn on and off automatically with the rise and fall of the sun? No problem.
Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone or Computer
Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The Insteon Hub will send push notifications and email alerts to your mobile device. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app at any time.
Stay Connected to What Matters Most
Wonder what triggered the motion sensor or just want to check in on the kids or your pets? Add a wireless camera and you'll see it all from your smartphone. The Insteon cameras feature pan/tilt control and night vision. Setting up this camera within the Insteon for Hub app is the easiest setup that you have ever seen!
The Insteon Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own. Add another smartphone by simply downloading the app, sign in and enjoy.
NO MONTHLY FEES
That's right. No monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can enjoy for free with the Insteon Hub.
Easy Installation with Videos
The Insteon for Hub app features video installation wizards that walk you through setup of many Insteon devices.
Detailed Insteon app features:
• Now supports Apple Watch for control of scenes and devices throughout your home
• Simple and clear user controls
• Easy to follow onscreen wizards for fast setup
• Insteon Thermostat support, temp, humidity, mode, cool, heat, fan
• Supports Venstar thermostat (with Insteon Adapter)
• Nest thermostat support
• Ability to add Insteon/Smarthome indoor and outdoor WiFi cameras
• WiFi camera configuration – ability to set username, password, add/edit/delete contrast, brightness, mirror, flip image, directional control (up/down/left/right – ie “pan/tilt”)
• Create a scene – single activation with multiple devices
• Create rooms for organization
• Add a timer for on/off/days of week
• Auto-detect of geo-location of smartphone to calculate sunrise/sunset and automatic time synchronization
• Receive email and push notification alerts when sensors and devices are activated
• Quick status of sensors with the Check-In page
• Cloud service provides access via multiple devices without reconfiguration
• Works over WiFi, 4G, 3G, and EDGE
• Supports hundreds of Insteon devices
• Technical support and feedback email link within the app
What's New in Version 1.10.0
This version of Insteon for Hub replaces the sign-in, account creation and Hub setup process in favor of a more seamless experience.
- Improved account creation and sign-in experience
- You can now setup Insteon Hub (2245-222) without being on the same WiFi network
- Properly support iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ screen resolutions
- Resolved several account creation and sign-in issues
- Minor UI improvements to WiFi Camera setup
- Minor UI improvements to various in-app web views
- Fixed an issue that afforded incorrect entry of an email address at account creation
In-depth release notes available at http://insteon.com/release-notes
** If you enjoy using our products, please consider taking a moment to leave a review of our app. **
Still logging out
I actually had a decent run with the older version not logging me out and was able to control devices on my Apple watch. My wife had issues but now that we have both upgraded to this version it logs is out consistently rendering both the app and the watch app useless. Hope to see a fix soon.
On the bright side there were other welcomed improvements just nothing good for the watch.
Problems saving login info, watch app is useless
This version of the app does not save login credential or session token on the phone, every time you open the app you will have to login again. Since the Apple Watch App requires the main app to be logged in to work, this essentially render the watch app useless. It's very easy to persist the login token, and it doesn't seem like SmartHome has tested their app before releasing. It will take any experienced developer just a couple hours to fix. The company probably outsourced their app and don't know what they are doing. I guess my next smart home setup won't be insteon anymore.
Logging in issues
I have insteon systems in three locations. When I launch the app it doesn't show which of my 3 locations I am logging into. I cannot determine the location I am loging into until I connect to the hub. Why not add the ability before logging in to choose a location. If a hub cannot be accessed then you cannot log onto other locations.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 1.10.0
- Size: 68.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Smartlabs, Inc.
- © Copyright Insteon 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.