Insteon for Hub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The new Insteon Hub connects you to your home from any smartphone or tablet. Control Insteon light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or push notification alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you're away.
Download the Insteon for Hub app, connect your Insteon Hub, select your favorite Insteon devices for your home and enjoy!
The Insteon Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control Insteon devices in your home while you're there, when you're at work, or out of town.
Easy Device Scheduling
Want to turn on your bedside lamp automatically to help wake you up in the morning? How about program the porch light to turn on and off automatically with the rise and fall of the sun? No problem.
Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone or Computer
Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The Insteon Hub will send push notifications and email alerts to your mobile device. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app at any time.
Stay Connected to What Matters Most
Wonder what triggered the motion sensor or just want to check in on the kids or your pets? Add a wireless camera and you'll see it all from your smartphone. The Insteon cameras feature pan/tilt control and night vision. Setting up this camera within the Insteon for Hub app is the easiest setup that you have ever seen!
The Insteon Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own. Add another smartphone by simply downloading the app, sign in and enjoy.
NO MONTHLY FEES
That's right. No monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can enjoy for free with the Insteon Hub.
Easy Installation with Videos
The Insteon for Hub app features video installation wizards that walk you through setup of many Insteon devices.
Detailed Insteon app features:
• Now supports Apple Watch for control of scenes and devices throughout your home
• Simple and clear user controls
• Easy to follow onscreen wizards for fast setup
• Insteon Thermostat support, temp, humidity, mode, cool, heat, fan
• Supports Venstar thermostat (with Insteon Adapter)
• Nest thermostat support
• Ability to add Insteon/Smarthome indoor and outdoor WiFi cameras
• WiFi camera configuration – ability to set username, password, add/edit/delete contrast, brightness, mirror, flip image, directional control (up/down/left/right – ie “pan/tilt”)
• Create a scene – single activation with multiple devices
• Create rooms for organization
• Add a timer for on/off/days of week
• Auto-detect of geo-location of smartphone to calculate sunrise/sunset and automatic time synchronization
• Receive email and push notification alerts when sensors and devices are activated
• Quick status of sensors with the Check-In page
• Cloud service provides access via multiple devices without reconfiguration
• Works over WiFi, 4G, 3G, and EDGE
• Supports hundreds of Insteon devices
• Technical support and feedback email link within the app
What's New in Version 1.13.0
This version of the Insteon app adds support for the new Alert Module. You can now arm and disarm your Alert Module from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. By creating scenes, you can also configure which Insteon devices in your home sound the alarm. In addition to Alert Module features, this release includes several bug fixes that improve the scene creation process.
- Improved support for the Insteon Alert Module. Arm and disarm the alert from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Select loud ringing and chime alerts via Insteon scenes.
- Fixed an issue where you might encounter a blank view when removing an Insteon Thermostat
- Fixed an issue where you might be prompted to perform manual linking when removing a device from an Insteon scene
- Fixed an issue that might cause the Insteon app to unexpectedly quit during initial Hub setup
- Fixed an issue that might prevent selection of certain Insteon devices during scene creation
- Fixed an issue where Wi-Fi Cameras could not be configured to join Wi-Fi Networks whose name included spaces
- Fixed an issue that might cause the Insteon app to become unresponsive when locating an Insteon Hub on iOS 9
- Fixed an issue where rotating the screen would incorrectly reorganize device, scene and room icons
- Fixed an issue where updating Motion Sensor settings might result in an endless settings update loop
- Fixed an issue where checking for updates on Insteon Hub (2245-222) would automatically apply updates without asking permission
- Several other minor usability fixes
Push Notifications still not fixed
I chose long ago to use Insteon in my home for automation. It works well but the push notifications are seriously broken. I have an on/off sensor which I have notifications enabled. I receive the "open" push notification but not the “closed" notification. HOWEVER, if I make any change in the app to the alerts for this on/off sensor, no push notifications are received. I have tirelessly worked with tech support since August of 2015 on this issue, each time getting no resolution.
Great app. Never fails.
I’m going 5 stars on this. I’ve been using it for almost a year and have never had any problems. It seems like it could get some updates but I’m very happy with it regardless.
App works and works well
I have used this hardware for years. This app is great if you are a guy like me who is reading in bed and doesnt want to get up to turn off the lights. Way awesome in all respects.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 13, 2016
- Version: 1.13.0
- Size: 80.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Smartlabs, Inc.
- © Copyright Insteon 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.