Insteon for Hub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The new Insteon Hub connects you to your home from any smartphone or tablet. Control Insteon light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or push notification alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you're away.
Download the Insteon for Hub app, connect your Insteon Hub, select your favorite Insteon devices for your home and enjoy!
The Insteon Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control Insteon devices in your home while you're there, when you're at work, or out of town.
Easy Device Scheduling
Want to turn on your bedside lamp automatically to help wake you up in the morning? How about program the porch light to turn on and off automatically with the rise and fall of the sun? No problem.
Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone or Computer
Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The Insteon Hub will send push notifications and email alerts to your mobile device. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app at any time.
Stay Connected to What Matters Most
Wonder what triggered the motion sensor or just want to check in on the kids or your pets? Add a wireless camera and you'll see it all from your smartphone. The Insteon cameras feature pan/tilt control and night vision. Setting up this camera within the Insteon for Hub app is the easiest setup that you have ever seen!
The Insteon Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own. Add another smartphone by simply downloading the app, sign in and enjoy.
NO MONTHLY FEES
That's right. No monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can enjoy for free with the Insteon Hub.
Easy Installation with Videos
The Insteon for Hub app features video installation wizards that walk you through setup of many Insteon devices.
Detailed Insteon app features:
• Now supports Apple Watch for control of scenes and devices throughout your home
• Simple and clear user controls
• Easy to follow onscreen wizards for fast setup
• Insteon Thermostat support, temp, humidity, mode, cool, heat, fan
• Supports Venstar thermostat (with Insteon Adapter)
• Nest thermostat support
• Ability to add Insteon/Smarthome indoor and outdoor WiFi cameras
• WiFi camera configuration – ability to set username, password, add/edit/delete contrast, brightness, mirror, flip image, directional control (up/down/left/right – ie “pan/tilt”)
• Create a scene – single activation with multiple devices
• Create rooms for organization
• Add a timer for on/off/days of week
• Auto-detect of geo-location of smartphone to calculate sunrise/sunset and automatic time synchronization
• Receive email and push notification alerts when sensors and devices are activated
• Quick status of sensors with the Check-In page
• Cloud service provides access via multiple devices without reconfiguration
• Works over WiFi, 4G, 3G, and EDGE
• Supports hundreds of Insteon devices
• Technical support and feedback email link within the app
What's New in Version 1.9.32
- Fixes various issues affecting Apple Watch
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
In-depth release notes available at http://insteon.com/release-notes
** If you enjoy using our products, please consider taking a moment to leave a review of our app. **
Very beta at the moment
The app definitely shows promise and there are glimmers of hope, however this system is more beta than production quality.
-Setup is relatively easy, however adding devices via the sync feature doesn't work as well as manually entering in the device ID, so if you have a home full of numerous Insteon devices prepare an Excel spreadsheet before mounting your switch plates.
-The app occasionally takes a long time to load.
-No Roomie support, device list does not manifest
-Devices randomly stop working after hours or days of successful functionality.
-Siri integration works great but that's only when devices are actually detected which from my 1.5 weeks experience is about 50:50.
-No sunset schedule option
-No support for sensors
-No support for IP cameras
The list goes on, I'm just hoping Insteon provides several major updates especially considering the new WWDC HomeKit announcements. I know that HomeKit is a limiting factor to some of the missing features for the Insteon Hub Pro but there's a lot to be desired. For anyone looking to upgrade from ISY, I would wait a while unless you plan on using this solely for lighting with Siri control in mind and even then I would wait.
Hope sales of new hub versions will benefit app improvement. #Invest
Takes 10-15 seconds for app to "log in". Way too long and inconvenient.
Quicker now. But ideally would be great to be around one second.
Also, it'd be great if the app would stay open in the background. It often doesn't. More delays/latency on app login...
Moving dimmer slider erroneously pulls side bar controls open.
1) Give me more icons to choose from or let me upload custom ones
2) Let me choose to show the full device control screen by default. I use these controls every time. Having to tap the added + step is a drag.
3) Give me test controls in the device adding sequence like SmartLinc...
4) Give the ability to edit device setting while in the 'Edit this' room screen. I can change names and icons but not device settings
5) Ability to reorder devices in rooms & scenes etc
6) Timers - a random feature would be nice for vacation or when away.
7) The timer conflicts are very irritating.
8) Sunset/Sunrise offset options would be awesome.
Or I want sunset scene on and then off 4 hours after sunset. Without complicated workarounds.
Basic timers can do this.
Got my apple watch thrilled to see this is on it.
I have been very happy with the insteon server and this app. Yes it can be slow. But I have found it constantly faster then the indigo I used to use. It is easy and straight forward to set up a home lighting system. I use my gen 1 iPad on and open to the app as a faster access switch center. Now that it is on my watch I may need to rethink some of my favorites and scenes, but that is a problem I'm thrilled to have.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 22, 2015
- Version: 1.9.32
- Size: 59.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: SmartLabs, Inc
- © Copyright Insteon 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.