Insteon for Hub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The new Insteon Hub connects you to your home from any smartphone or tablet. Control Insteon light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or push notification alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you're away.
Download the Insteon for Hub app, connect your Insteon Hub, select your favorite Insteon devices for your home and enjoy!
The Insteon Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control Insteon devices in your home while you're there, when you're at work, or out of town.
Easy Device Scheduling
Want to turn on your bedside lamp automatically to help wake you up in the morning? How about program the porch light to turn on and off automatically with the rise and fall of the sun? No problem.
Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone or Computer
Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The Insteon Hub will send push notifications and email alerts to your mobile device. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app at any time.
Stay Connected to What Matters Most
Wonder what triggered the motion sensor or just want to check in on the kids or your pets? Add a wireless camera and you'll see it all from your smartphone. The Insteon cameras feature pan/tilt control and night vision. Setting up this camera within the Insteon for Hub app is the easiest setup that you have ever seen!
The Insteon Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own. Add another smartphone by simply downloading the app, sign in and enjoy.
NO MONTHLY FEES
That's right. No monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can enjoy for free with the Insteon Hub.
Easy Installation with Videos
The Insteon for Hub app features video installation wizards that walk you through setup of many Insteon devices.
Detailed Insteon app features:
• Now supports Apple Watch for control of scenes and devices throughout your home
• Simple and clear user controls
• Easy to follow onscreen wizards for fast setup
• Insteon Thermostat support, temp, humidity, mode, cool, heat, fan
• Supports Venstar thermostat (with Insteon Adapter)
• Nest thermostat support
• Ability to add Insteon/Smarthome indoor and outdoor WiFi cameras
• WiFi camera configuration – ability to set username, password, add/edit/delete contrast, brightness, mirror, flip image, directional control (up/down/left/right – ie “pan/tilt”)
• Create a scene – single activation with multiple devices
• Create rooms for organization
• Add a timer for on/off/days of week
• Auto-detect of geo-location of smartphone to calculate sunrise/sunset and automatic time synchronization
• Receive email and push notification alerts when sensors and devices are activated
• Quick status of sensors with the Check-In page
• Cloud service provides access via multiple devices without reconfiguration
• Works over WiFi, 4G, 3G, and EDGE
• Supports hundreds of Insteon devices
• Technical support and feedback email link within the app
What's New in Version 1.15.2
This release contains various bug fixes.
Important highlights from this release:
1. Fixed an issue preventing the user from adding devices by ID.
2. Fixed an issue preventing the user from adding Nest thermostats.
3. Fixed an issue preventing dimmable devices from being set to 100% brightness using the main control view slider control.
4. Fixed an issue with keypad dimmers that would cause no ON command to be sent from the main control view ON button if the device brightness level was set to any value other than OFF/0%.
Started using it, but very limited unless you like specific timing. How about instead of sunset and sunrise, add before last light or minutes before sunset. I like the lights on before it is too dark not after you can't see
Does not work with "Insteon Hub for HomeKit"
I contacted support via email. I was told to use the HomeKit app instead of their Insteon Hub app. I did download their Insteon+ app, (which is not an iPad app) and it works fine. I don't know why they have this hub app if it will not work with the hub designed for HomeKit. Don't waist time on this app if you bought the "Insteon Hub for HomeKit".
Enable bigger fonts BIGGER FONTS
Upgraded hub to 2245. Surprisingly easy. Had to create new acct, didn't see hub with old login. Also had to rediscover all devices. Would recommend because of very smooth Alexa integration. Once scenes are created, tell Alexa 'discover,' and it works fine thru amazon shopping app mic or dot. Dated insteon app GUI? Gladly won't have to use much once set up. Bigger fonts bigger fonts bigger fonts I've been asking for this for five years!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 23, 2017
- Version: 1.15.2
- Size: 92.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Smartlabs, Inc.
- © Copyright Insteon 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.