Insteon for Hub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The new Insteon Hub connects you to your home from any smartphone or tablet. Control Insteon light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or push notification alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you're away.
Download the Insteon for Hub app, connect your Insteon Hub, select your favorite Insteon devices for your home and enjoy!
The Insteon Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control Insteon devices in your home while you're there, when you're at work, or out of town.
Easy Device Scheduling
Want to turn on your bedside lamp automatically to help wake you up in the morning? How about program the porch light to turn on and off automatically with the rise and fall of the sun? No problem.
Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone or Computer
Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The Insteon Hub will send push notifications and email alerts to your mobile device. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app at any time.
Stay Connected to What Matters Most
Wonder what triggered the motion sensor or just want to check in on the kids or your pets? Add a wireless camera and you'll see it all from your smartphone. The Insteon cameras feature pan/tilt control and night vision. Setting up this camera within the Insteon for Hub app is the easiest setup that you have ever seen!
The Insteon Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own. Add another smartphone by simply downloading the app, sign in and enjoy.
NO MONTHLY FEES
That's right. No monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can enjoy for free with the Insteon Hub.
Easy Installation with Videos
The Insteon for Hub app features video installation wizards that walk you through setup of many Insteon devices.
Detailed Insteon app features:
• Now supports Apple Watch for control of scenes and devices throughout your home
• Simple and clear user controls
• Easy to follow onscreen wizards for fast setup
• Insteon Thermostat support, temp, humidity, mode, cool, heat, fan
• Supports Venstar thermostat (with Insteon Adapter)
• Nest thermostat support
• Ability to add Insteon/Smarthome indoor and outdoor WiFi cameras
• WiFi camera configuration – ability to set username, password, add/edit/delete contrast, brightness, mirror, flip image, directional control (up/down/left/right – ie “pan/tilt”)
• Create a scene – single activation with multiple devices
• Create rooms for organization
• Add a timer for on/off/days of week
• Auto-detect of geo-location of smartphone to calculate sunrise/sunset and automatic time synchronization
• Receive email and push notification alerts when sensors and devices are activated
• Quick status of sensors with the Check-In page
• Cloud service provides access via multiple devices without reconfiguration
• Works over WiFi, 4G, 3G, and EDGE
• Supports hundreds of Insteon devices
• Technical support and feedback email link within the app
What's New in Version 1.10.1
This update primarily contains bug fixes and minor bug fixes and improvements to scene creation.
- Resolved an issue that might cause errant ramp rate commands to be sent to a device that doesn't support ramp rate while creating a scene
- Fixed several issues with Smoke Sensor regarding the display of Low Battery
- Improved scene creation and modification reliability by adjusting Insteon message timing
- Other minor bug fixes
In-depth release notes available at http://insteon.com/release-notes
** If you enjoy using our products, please consider taking a moment to leave a review of our app. **
The app, and the hub/cloud, is a very start for home automation.
I would really like to see some form of offline management. If your home internet service is out, you can't control any of your devices. Even if you are in the same room, the app is hard coded to communicate with your devices via the Internet.
Functions ok, but is Ugly
The app does what it is supposed to do, it turns on and off devices and created scenes.
However, I find the menu structuring to be not very intuitive. Getting from devices to scenes and back is awkward.
Finally, the graphics are just awful they remind me of 1999. Can we get some more modern theming and iconography? I know you are capable because the app for the HomeKit-enabled hub looks a bit better.
Love it, once you have it, you can't live without it!
I've had a lot of good luck with this app and use it every day.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 23, 2015
- Version: 1.10.1
- Size: 68.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Smartlabs, Inc.
- © Copyright Insteon 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.