Your smartphone already lets you manage nearly all aspects of your life: from enjoying entertainment to conducting business to contacting friends and family no matter where you are. But why stop there? Make your smartphone control your smart home from anywhere! The INSTEON app simply and elegantly integrates your home’s lighting, appliances, cameras and thermostats, giving you access and control from anywhere.
Here are just a few scenarios where the INSTEON app provides convenience and security:
• Late night at the office? Turn on your home’s lights for extra security.
• Locked out of the house? Unlock your front door or open your garage.
• Want peace of mind? Check live feeds from multiple IP cameras and email screenshots.
• Going green? Set lights, thermostats, fans, sprinklers and more on automatic timers to avoid energy waste.
• Can’t remember if you dialed back the thermostat? Check its status and turn it off, even if you’re on vacation 3,000 miles away.
Do all of this and more with no monthly fees!
When used in conjunction with SmartLinc, the app affords you intuitive control of your INSTEON network with an easy one-time setup. The app will even automatically set up port forwarding on your router, allowing you to access your devices while away from home.
Create whole-room, multi-device scenes directly from within the INSTEON app. Purchased a new INSTEON device? The app will add the device in a few easy steps.
As a bonus, upon first connecting, the INSTEON app automatically synchronizes the SmartLinc clock to your iOS device, ensuring timers run properly and are 100% accurate.
The INSTEON app features:
• Add/edit/remove devices and scenes
• Automatic remote access setup with UPnP-enabled routers
• Automatic day and time synchronization
• One-time SmartLinc authentication
• Works over Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, and EDGE
• Supports multiple SmartLinc controllers
• Simple initial INSTEON device setup
• Real-time device status and automatic updates
• Intuitive button actions: tap to turn on/off, double-tap for fast-on/fast-off and press and hold to dim/brighten
• Full thermostat and IP camera support
• Set unique scene timers for every day of the week
• Supports hundreds of INSTEON devices
• Supports up to 256 scenes
• One-touch resynchronization of configuration
• Automatically syncs SmartLinc clock with iOS device
• Support and feedback email link within the app
SmartLinc app requirements:
• iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 4.0 or higher
• INSTEON Hub/SmartLinc Central Controller version 2.0 or higher (note: some app features are not available on version 2.0)
• Fixed issue with reporting status for Thermostats.
Ratings and Reviews
not bad but keep updates coming
Come on this is been around for years you please make the fonts bigger!!!!!!!
1.1 is much faster, and about the same speed as the browser version. But the scenes set up is still lame, having to build a room to make it a scene, or navigate within a room to get to a scene. Those are amateur hour workarounds. Do it like apple...on the home page have large buttons that say ROOMS, SCENES, SETTINGS, etc. GUI GUI GUI!! Also, need better way to easily label each switch and add/delete to scenes. Lastly, put some manpower into preparing for the siri SDK. That's the holy grail, telling your phone "turn on these lights...and is my garage closed?" Smarthome is a great company but Crestron and others will eat your lunch if you drop the ball on this one.
Great concept but extremely unreliable
Smarthome tends to "create" advanced automation technology which is often less reliable than the technology it is intended to replace. X10 automation is more reliable than Insteon and at a fraction of the price for equipment. This app and Insteon sound great in concept but as this app will show they are still not ready for prime time.
If you get a rush out of being frustrated then you will enjoy trying to get this app to work. It is definitely worth your time to investigate other options such as Z-wave.
I like Smarthome and most of the innovative automation devices they sell. They have everything you could possibly need for home automation with the exception of their Insteon products and this outdated app.
Destroyed my rock solid network
My small Insteon system ( smartlinc and about 15 modules) had been working solid for years and then I thought to install this app rather than just use the web interface. Completely jiggered my Smartlinc ( deleted devices, moved some devices to other rooms) and bizarrely , two of my Keylinc pads just freeze up and then work okay after some time. I "upgraded" 4 days ago and wish I'd never messed with it. Later I'll completely reset all the Keylincs and Smartlinc and never mess with this again. My hobbyist patience with this is on thin ice.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.