By Continental Laboratories
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instrumental turns your iPad into a flexible MIDI input device that you can use with any MIDI software running on your Mac or Windows PC, such as Reason, Ableton Live, Reaper, Cubase, etc. With additional hardware such as IK Multimedia’s iRig MIDI you can also control MIDI hardware.
See the website for demonstration videos and the complete user manual.
Instrumental is like a USB piano keyboard, except all the controls have full feedback, text readouts and dynamic labels, and you're not limited to just a piano layout. The Wicki-Hayden hexagonal layout is a great way to inspire your compositions.
Important Note: Instrumental does not make any sound on its own. It connects via Wi-Fi to MIDI software running on your computer, or you can use any CoreMIDI compatible hardware adapter to connect Instrumental to real MIDI hardware.
Instrumental includes 6 highly configurable surfaces, all with plenty of configurable, labelled controls:
- a piano
- a wicki-hayden hexagonal keyboard
- a 4x4 drumpad
- a 16 channel mixer
- 2 completely generic pages for controlling random devices like equalizers, compressors and other effects.
Compatible with any MIDI software (or hardware), it works best when the controls are automatically labelled by the host software by sending MIDI SYSEX messages.
Drivers for Propellerhead's Reason and Record provide control maps for every Reason and Record device, with automatic control labels that update even when you override controls on the fly!
Controls can be manually labelled in a Control Map, or an Instrumental Preset, so you can always have nicely labelled controls for all your MIDI devices.
- modular control panels that can be swapped around quickly and easily
- all controls can have labels and text readouts provided by the host, or edited on the fly
- all controls have feedback from the host, so you know exactly where everything is set
- supports the QB Conductor Protocol for reliable low-latency MIDI over Wi-Fi. Conductor servers are available for both Mac and Windows.
- supports the Apple Network MIDI Protocol, available on every Mac.
- use the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a USB-MIDI adaptor to connect Instrumental to real MIDI hardware.
- use IK Multimedia's iRig MIDI to connect real MIDI hardware.
- connect multiple iPads to the same computer; have your whole band playing through one computer.
- multiple computers and iPads on the same network won't interfere with each other
- musical layouts with customisable response curves
- comprehensive user manual
- much much more
What's New in Version 1.1.0
Support for CoreMIDI hardware adapters.
- USB-MIDI devices via the iPad Camera Connection Kit
- IK Multimedia's iRig MIDI
Holy crap, this is cool.
Just picked it up -- super easy to configure (as control surface apps go, especially), easy to play, very responsive. If you have plans to add virtual MIDI, that would be awesome; either way, I plan to use this with the rest of my rig, for sure. Exciting!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 01, 2011
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Continental Laboratories
- © Quantum Clockwork
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.