Intaglio Sketchpad is a full featured drawing application designed for the iPhone and iPod touch, based on Intaglio, the award winning Macintosh application. With most iPhone sketching apps you paint strokes or erase pixels on the screen. Intaglio Sketchpad is different because it allows you to create and edit shapes and text blocks. These “vector” graphic elements retain their shape and attributes and can be edited at any time. For example, you can adjust color, line thickness, or fix spelling mistakes at any time. To erase an element you simply select it and delete it without affecting whatever might be behind it.
Intaglio Sketchpad provides a full set of drawing tools and capabilities re-imagined for the multi-touch environment. For example, use one finger to draw or select a graphic or use two fingers to rotate it. Hold your thumb on a tool button while drawing to constrain the object. You can edit shapes using a multi-touch pen tool or cut the path with a scissors tool and adjust the width of a text column by pinching it. Sketchpad includes predefined shapes in a graphics library you can customize. You can create sophisticated graphics with advanced features such as masks, drop shadows, boolean path operations, dashed lines and arrows. When you’re finished you have several options for exporting your work to another handheld device or to a networked computer.
• Eleven drawing tools including freehand drawing, geometric shapes, bezier curve pen and text.
• Functions to align, delete, duplicate, group, layer or transform graphics.
• Create text using any font style in the iPhone OS (currently 100 font/style combinations on the iPhone and 135 on the iPad).
• Path editor, subpath contour control functions, boolean path operations and text to path conversion.
• Gradients, patterns, drop shadows, arrows, brushes, dashed lines, outlined text and clipping masks.
• Drawing aids such as a grid, smart guides and object location and size feedback.
• Customizable drawing scale and size.
• A customizable graphics library including a variety of predefined shapes.
• Multi-touch navigation with two finger scrolling and 800% zoom.
• Multiple levels of undo/redo.
• Import photos and scale or rotate them to composite with other graphics.
• Use cut, copy and paste to move graphics between drawings or export them to other apps.
• Import vector graphics from your computer as SVG.
• Import image files from your computer as PDF, PNG or JPEG.
• Export images to your photo library or as PDF, SVG, PNG or JPEG files to your computer via Wi-Fi or iTunes file sharing.
• Store drawings and libraries locally on the device or in iCloud.
• Share drawings with other users of Sketchpad via iCloud, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, or with Intaglio on the Macintosh.
• Updated DropBox compatibility for new DropBox API.
• Improved compatibility with iPhone X and iPad Pro 10.5".
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some work
I can seem to enter/edit text. The rest is pretty good but I think a couple of controls need repositioning - Have to dig for menu's. Suggestions: How about a toolbar... or the option for one. Perhaps just a regular menu just like on a computer. Great program!
Absolutely The Best Illustration App For The iPad!
This is hands down the best illustration application available for the iPad I have purchased every last vector based graphics design, photo editing, painting, and illustration application available for the iPad and iPhone, so everyone can safely trust my extensive experience with Graphics Design on iDevices. The only thing Intaglio Sketchpad lacks, is a 'Redo' button right next to the 'Undo' button on the top toolbar. Please add redo functionality in the next update. If you manage to implement the redo feature, you surely deserve an Apple Best Designed Application for 2011 award. Keep up the good work Intaglio Development Team, and I can't wait to download the next update. Please note that this application is fully iOS 5.0 compatible. I also experienced a performance boost running Intaglio Sketchpad in iOS 5.0, so everyone should look forward to running this app seamlessly on their iDevices when iOS 5.0 becomes publicly available.
Let me start by saying this is generally a great app. I'm giving it 4 stars because it generally works very well. I'm going to spend most of my time talking about the problems, however, so don't be misled into thinking I didn't like it. I did, but it needs improvement.
1) Bugs. There are a lot of them still. I saw a ton of random (unreproducible) crashes, which make me wonder if there are memory issues. The most reproducible bug was the problem with snap-to-grid. Sometimes things snap to places NOT on the grid, especially if you've first resized a shape by stretching it.
2) Features that are hard to use. In particular, it is VERY hard to control resizing by stretching shapes with your fingers. If you want any sort of precision, you have to give up and find another program. Traditional control points would have been better, even if they aren't "iPad-like." At least they'd work. Apple's Pages app takes this approach and it seems fine to me.
3) Features that are important but hidden. It took me ages to figure out how to make a multiple selection without including things I didn't want. You have to hold down the select button WHILE touching the objects. There is nothing but the manual to suggest that this is the method. GUIs are supposed to be intuitive without the manual.
Fix these things (but ESPECIALLY (1) and (2)) and this will be a 5 star program.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.