Love this App? You need an e-edition subscription to make it work. Need that? Contact the Intelligencer for more information.
This App is free and you get to read an electronic version of the Intelligencer on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. Check out the newspaper pages, ads and stories, headlines, pictures and video. Stay up to date with your local news, national and international news, sports and business while you’re on the go.
- Intuitive navigation.
- View headlines, stories, related photos and video.
- Read and listen to stories.
- Weather provided by Weather Bug.
- Download and sync content to device via Wi‐Fi or cellular network so you can read offline.
- Stories tab displays the top news stories by section so you can read the full text or listen to it being read by a virtual newscaster.
- Email a story or save it for future reference.
- Flip through, read and look at pictures within the actual newspaper pages of the printed publication.
- Publications Tab lets you access a 30 day archive of previous editions or the most recent edition.
- Search Tab lets you search for keywords within a headline or text of the stories.
Calendar control Copyright (c) 2009 Keith Lazuka. Licensed under the MIT license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php).
Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Font and loading
Small, medium, and large font all look the same size and are too small. If you go too far when you stretch the page to see the print, it jumps to the next page. It is very frustrating. Yesterday morning, the paper would not load. Last evening when I checked again, the front page was still not visible.
Ultra slow download
Even with update yesterday it now takes forever to download in morning. It was fine a few months ago.
At first I kept getting a database error. Maybe the app had an error in the download. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it works well. Not sure yet of any improvements over the previous version. Will report as I use the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.