1843 is the new culture, lifestyle, and ideas magazine from The Economist, published six times a year.
- Includes full content from the magazine as well as select audio content
- Free to download
- Read and listen offline
While The Economist speaks to its readers with their business heads on, 1843 talks to them while they have their feet up. While The Economist offers concise reporting, 1843 offers globally curious readers unique perspectives, long-form profiles, and stunning photography from top contributors around the world. Every issue of 1843 includes writing on culture, technology, travel, design, style, food and drink, and body and mind.
Please note that this app requires iOS 7.1 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
- Tap and hold a cover to delete an edition.
- New setting added to allow auto-deletion of old editions.
Ratings and Reviews
Culture, lifestyles and ideas for globally curious readers.
The only thing I dislike about the magazine is that I am unable to afford the amazing luxury items advertised within its pages. Still, I like looking at those ads...
The most interesting articles covering an eclectic range worldwide the way only The Economist can do. Readable with wonderful use of the English language.
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 20.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2011
- In-App Purchases
- Intelligent Life Free Subscription Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.