By Chuck Smith
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can't say much in Chinese? Need to expand your Chinese vocabulary? This app will help you memorize TONS of Chinese words fast! Thanks to its unique methodology, you will be able to learn up to 100 WORDS / DAY!
The app comes with a wordlist of over 9000 Chinese words and characters, including all the ones you'll need for the official HSK examinations. If you memorize all these, your understanding of Chinese is bound to skyrocket.
* app suitable for absolute beginner, intermediate and advanced students
* both simplified and traditional characters supported - switch between the two in the settings
* Pinyin romanization provided for every word, and you can choose to see Pinyin with the question or with the answer
* learn words in groups of 7
* test yourself Chinese to English or English to Chinese
* review while you learn more
* select which categories of words you want to learn
* categories include: Essentials, Numbers, Question words, Languages, Countries & Continents, Weather, Family, Positions, Colors, Clothing, Around Town & Outdoors, Around the house, HSK 1 Characters, HSK 1 Words, HSK 2 Characters, HSK 2 Words, and similar for each HSK level.
What's New in Version 1.2
- improved word list
- corrected traditional Chinese
- see how many words you studied
More effective than many other hsk prods
This is kind of a brute force method to learning HSK vocabulary but one I'm finding more effective than many apps. You focus on seven words over and over again until you master them and then move on to a new set. I find I remember things better than using the multiple choice option apps. The price is right and I'm liking the results.
This is seriously a wonderful tool to aid in learning vocabulary. Granted, it can't be taken on its own, and I recommend a good dictionary to pair with it (like QingWen). This way you'll learn the vocabulary AND associated nuances/example sentences/pronunciation/etc.
I haven't experienced any crashes or other issues. If you're looking to learn Chinese vocabulary, then seriously consider this app.
Good program to learn vocabulary
Been great, and one of best methods to learn the vocabulary I have found. Only issue is on a periodic occasion will lock up and have to reinstall, but the lessons have been worth it
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 13, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 0.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chuck Smith
- © 2010 Judith Meyer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.