Interact Contacts - Do more with your Contacts!
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
=== Interact works best for iCloud, Google or other CardDAV Contact Accounts ===
=== Exchange Users should read note below! ===
Interact empowers you and your contacts to get more done in less time, with features like group management, one-tap contact creation, and more you won't find in the built-in iOS Contacts app.
#### Harness Your Contacts and Groups ####
* Create, delete, and manage contact groups for easy, quick communication with teams, friends, and family.
* Edit, delete, and manage contacts much faster than with built-in iOS tools.
* Backup contacts, on-demand or scheduled.
* Arrange the default ordering of email, phone, and other details to fit your needs.
* Use your contacts with a growing list of third-party apps for messaging, mapping, and other tasks previously not possible on iOS.
* Interact supports contacts local on your device or synced with iCloud, Google, and other services.
#### Create Contacts Easier with the Scratchpad ####
* Create or update contacts by simply selecting text in email signatures, webpages, and most other apps.
* Save time with natural language parsing, which identifies names, emails, phone numbers, addresses, and other details in plain text, then automatically sorts them into the proper contact fields.
* Use the Scratchpad in Interact to quickly create new contacts, or use the Interact "Create Contact" app extension in most other apps.
#### Communicate Faster ####
* It's just one tap to message or email a single contact or entire groups.
* Juggle apps less, send more: message and email photos and documents from many other Document Provider apps, including Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, and more.
* Use the Interact Share extension in most apps to quickly share files, links, images, and even text to individuals or groups via email and Messages.
#### And More ####
* Backup contact data to iCloud Drive.
* Universal app - one purchase covers iPhone and iPad.
* iPad multitasking and iPad Pro support.
* 3D Touch Support on iPhone 6s.
* Spotlight integration for contact group search.
* Great VoiceOver and Accessibility support.
#### What Interact is NOT ####
Interact works exclusively with the contacts you have setup through accounts in the iOS Settings app. All contact data is derived from accounts configured in iOS Settings, and all changes are saved to those same accounts. Interact does not require any sign up/accounts, and NEVER uploads any of your contact data to any outside servers. Interact works within the limitations of the iOS Contacts frameworks, so may not fully support some accounts. Details about limitations are available on our website.
#### Exchange Users ####
Interact works best for users who store their contacts in iCloud or "On my phone".
Users of Microsoft Exchange based contact accounts should be aware the group features are not supported for Exchange accounts. Contact capture and communication features work great with Exchange, however.
#### Feedback ####
We love to hear your feedback and ideas. For news and tips, follow @interact_app on Twitter, like Interact on Facebook, or contact us at email@example.com. For documentation and help, visit: http://help.agiletortoise.com.
What's New in Version 1.2.4
#### Visit our blog for more detailed release notes: agiletortoise.com/blog
#### Interact Scratchpad for Mac now available in the Mac App Store!
- **New:** Add "department" tag now available in the Scratchpad.
- **Change:** Built with the latest 10.3 support.
- **Change:** Use new review prompt system on 10.3.
- **Other:** A few other cosmetic and reliability fixes.
Help & Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Tips: @interact_app Twitter or like us on Facebook
Review and ratings are always appreciated!
Some useful great, but could be even better
The scratchpad is great and the group communication tools are good, but the
app is a bit buggy and sometimes lags. Agile Tortiose is a wonderfulcompany that pays great attention to usability and detail, so I have no doubt the App will get better.
I would like it to have some expanded functionality and offer these as requests because I know of no iOS apps that offer them (without duplicating all one's data into a new and separate contacts database):
A solid contact manager should allow users to search or filter by fields. I need more than a bare address book and think I should be able to get a list of all my contacts who live some place or all my contacts that have the same occupation? This requires a more robust query than just a plain search of the whole database.
Why can't the app automatically put contacts into groups based on information in my notes?
It would also be nice to have the app enable users to add an arbitrary number of fields to capture key contact information. This may be an issue with Apple's contacts database design.
Not with the premium price tag.
I purchased the interactive app for one primary reason importing contact information from emails however, this app does a fairly poor job of understanding email signatures. Typically it can find the name and telephone numbers however, it can't differentiate between mobile, office, fax, job title or even company even when those fields are in the email signature. This forces me to have to go back to the email to figure out which number is for what then manually enter in the company name job title which defeats the purpose of this app.
And usability I don't understand why in the main phone number contact screen you would cover up the company name with the options boxes?
So far the only thing I like about this app is that I can arraign the telephone numbers I need specific contact in the way of that I would prefer.
I have been a Drafts user since day one and I truly hope this app improves with time but so far it's been quite a disappointment especially for a premium price tag.
This app continues to be a great performer. I use it for all of my contact management. It is incredibly powerful and flexible. For the best satisfaction, I repeat my earlier recommendation to spend a few minutes in the Help/Guides learning how to use it, though. I've recently been using it more for sending group messages, and it has worked perfectly. Highly recommended.
-- Original Review --
This is a gem of an app. Think of it as a Swiss-Army knife of contact-managers. It allows you to group and manage contacts in all sorts of ways, and best of all: It does it with complete compatibility with the built-in iOS Contacts app (this is not true for many third-party contact manager apps I have tried)!
My suggestion: Take 5 or 10 minutes and watch the instruction videos on their site. You will find all sorts of ways to use this. For example, it has a great sharing extension that you can access from other apps, allowing easy integration all over your device. It can also take blocks of text and parse out the contact details, creating a new contact (and you can review/edit first). Want to send multiple photo attachments in an email from your iOS device at the same time—no problem. There is much more.
The only negatives I can come up with: Because it’s so powerful, it takes a few minutes to learn how to use the app (although the newest version has a beautiful Help system to get you started). Also, there are a few icon changes I would make (e.g. change the ‘plus-sign’ icon to an open circle for standard conventions when selecting multiple contacts). Otherwise, this is a top-notch app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 12, 2017
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2016-17 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.