Interaction of Color
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
**Winner of 2013 Best Interactive Product in the Tablet/Handheld category, from Communication Arts
**Winner of 2013 Spark Award for Best App
NOTE: Interaction of Color by Josef Albers (Complete Edition) is a complete, unlocked version with no in-app purchase necessary, and contains all of the content available in the free edition, in addition to the content available through the in-app purchase. It is ideal for users wishing to gift the complete application or make volume purchases for educational or other uses. To try the app, download the free version from the app store here: http://ptn.io/IoC-App
First published in 1963, Josef Albers’s Interaction of Color is one of the most influential books on color ever written. The classic text achieves its full, interactive potential in this stunning, award-winning application for iPad. The app includes the following features:
• Full text and plate commentary, describing Albers’s renowned principles on how to see and understand color.
• Over 125 original color studies, including flaps and moving pieces.
• Over 60 interactive plates that reproduce the experience of working with paper, a captivating feature inspired by Albers’s teaching methodologies.
• A beautiful new palette tool, in which colors are manipulated like paper.
• The ability to create, save, and export your final designs and palettes into any vector-based design software.
• Over two hours of video commentary, including archival video of Albers and interviews with experts explaining key principles, making even the most challenging problems easy to understand.
• Interviews with leading designers and artists explaining how they use color in their professional practices.
This revolutionary new digital edition will transform the way color is taught and understood among teachers, students, designers, artists, and anyone interested in learning how to perceive and use color.
“Amazing. Beyond groundbreaking. . . . This is the example the world has been waiting for. An extraordinary piece of education and inspiration.”—Debbie Millman, Design Matters
“The gateway to an entire way of thinking. . . .It will blow your mind.”—Liz Stinson, Wired
“Mesmerizing….A fresh way to engage with Albers’s lessons.”—Pilar Viladas, T: The New York Times Style Magazine
“Enlighten yourself with one of the most important books on color ever written. It’s called Interaction of Color, and now you can experience it on your iPad. . . . Released by Yale University Press [the app] adds layers of interactivity to bring the experience closer to what Albers had envisioned.”—Gizmodo.com
“A modernized, interactive presentation of Albers’s teachings. With fingers instead of paintbrushes and a touch screen instead of paper, users can move and manipulate over 125 color plates in 60 interactive studies. Concepts like color relativity and vibrating boundaries come to life. . . . This new and different iteration of [Albers’s] theories adds dimension and interactivity for the digital age, sparking just the kind of discoveries that fueled his life’s work.”—fastcompany.com
NOTE: If you are having trouble hearing the audio on the video segments included in the app, please make sure your Side Switch settings are adjusted from “Mute” to “Lock Screen” to ensure that the app’s audio will play properly. You can consult Apple's description of the iPad's side switch tool at
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4085 for more information.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
* Updated for iOS 11
* Implemented updated “Share Sheet”
* Adjustments to user interface to allow for iPad Pro display
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 09, 2017
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 397 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yale University
- © 2013 Yale University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.