Interior Design for iPad
By Black Mana Studios
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Note - for a more professional interior design app, please check out our other app, TapGlance.
Check out videos and renders of TapGlance at www.tapglance.com
Direct link to the app - https://itunes.apple.com/app/tapglance/id942725583
Picked for Top 50 Must Have iPad Apps by TIME Magazine!
Interior Design for iPad by Black Mana Studios is the #1 best-selling lifestyle app in the US, UK, Canada and 14 other countries!
Interior Design for iPad is a user-friendly app that gives you the power to take on any interior design project or create any floorplan quickly and easily. With little to no learning curve, you could be designing your new interior in as little as 5 minutes.
Go from drawing your floor plans in 2D to walking through them in vivid, stunning 3D. You can drag and drop objects within your layout and remove walls, alter the shape of rooms, or add onto your layout as simply as tapping the screen. With over 3300 objects and materials included in the app for free, you can customize every surface or piece of furniture in your layout, even installing wood floors by choosing from a selection of real wood grains.
Interior Design for iPad is one of the only mobile apps in the world that supports render, giving you the ability to create an amazing 3D image of your design including shadows and other special effects. The render feature is available on iPad 2 and above.
Once you’ve completed your layout, you can share it with friends, family, or colleagues by exporting it to email, photo album, Dropbox, or your favorite social networking sites.
* See the app in action at www.interior-design-ipad.com
Features and Highlights:
* Drag and Drop of materials in 3D - It’s easy to see how your home would look with new floors added or a wall taken out. You can drag and drop walls, floors, and other materials in real time and instantly see a 3D image of the changes in your layout.
* Built in rendering gives an amazing, lifelike image (iPad 2 and above) - Interior Design for iPad is the world’s first interior design app (yes, world’s first) with built-in rendering capabilities to make the final image more vivid and realistic. The app includes shadows and other effects to render an amazing image in just minutes, and does it without sacrificing user-friendlessness or performance. You can visit our website to check out some of the designs created and rendered at www.interior-design-ipad.com.
* Drag and drop windows and doors - Drag your windows and doors around your 2D layout to find the perfect position for them.
* Walkthrough/Dollhouse mode in 3D - Take a first hand tour of your layout in walkthrough/dollhouse mode, all in stunning, real-time 3D. You can change the height of the camera to explore every angle in your layout. Use gestures or joystick to move through it.
* Over 50 real wooden floors - While other Interior Design apps will only let you add fake, computerized wood textures, Interior Design for iPad has over 50 wooden floors that are a meticulous photograph of the exact type of wood floor they portray. Not only can you see how your floors will really look, you can use the wood textures to create your own wooden objects or replace any existing wood texture.
* Rooms with Unique Shapes - If the layout you’re creating has unique corners or room features, Interior Design for iPad will help you create the layout precisely no matter how sharp the corners. You can move any wall to the exact position you need.
* Undo/Redo - Whether you are working in Layout, Interior, or 3D mode, you can undo or redo your last actions on your current screen with a simple tap of your finger.
* Stunning real-time 3D - Take a walk through your layout and explore your design in stunning, real-time 3D. Your tour will include amazing furnishings, high quality materials, and perfect lighting to give you a real-life view of your layout.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
This is a very extensive update to Interior Design for iPad. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR PLANS TO DROPBOX OR EMAIL BEFORE UPDATING! Many new features are not listed here due to 4000 characters limitation on "What's new" :)
Materials can now be applied to the ceiling (3D)
Smarter Snapping (2D, 3D)
Snap now works on all modification modes, including move, resize and rotate.
Staircases and Stairwells (2D, 3D)
Drag a staircase to a plan and Interior Design can automatically create the stairwell and build the correct railing.
Interior Design supports unlimited number of cameras, so you can quickly and easily move between saved views of your plan.
Floor-Breach Shapes (2D, 3D)
These special shapes create a hole in the floor they are placed on. Now you can create open-spaces, lofts and galleries.
You can place any number of windows on the same wall segment and even overlap several windows to create a new window shape.
Real-time doors and windows placement (3D)
Place a door or a window on a wall and you can now move them around to any wall with one finger. Use two fingers gesture to raise or lower them on the wall.
Lock Objects (2D, 3D)
Now you can lock objects so they cannot be modified in any way. Locked objects is a good way to prevent applying new materials to them when the “Apply All” feature is used.
Apply materials to doors and windows (3D)
Just like objects, you can drag and drop materials on doors and windows.
Apply materials to single walls (interior and exterior) (3D)
Modified “Apply All” Button
To apply a material to all components of the same type in your scene, simply drag a material to the object, tap the material you want to replace, and then tap “Replace All”. Tap the material again to reset.
Better 2D Mode
Objects applied with custom materials now exhibit these materials on the 2D screen (instead of the default materials).
Edit Across Rooms and Floors (3D)
Now you can edit objects in a different room or floor than you’re located in. The rule of thumb is, if you see the object, you can edit it.
Duplicate (2D, 3D)
All objects in Interior Design can be duplicated, transferring over their properties like size, rotation and even materials to their clones.
Mirror (2D, 3D)
All objects can also be mirrored, effectively flipping their geometry. Access the mirror option through the modify dialog of an object (select an object and tap the modify icon on the top mini-toolbar)
Improved Drag and Drop (2D, 3D)
Doors and windows can now be dragged and dropped into your plan, just like any other object.
Plans and Folder Management
Easily manage plans by putting them into folders. Duplicate entire folders and copy plans between folders.
Swipe on the shelf downward to reveal the filter field. Tap the first few letters of an object or material you’re looking for and the shelf will filter its contents to match your search criteria.
Easily reset models to their original state (2D, 3D)
Objects can always be reset to their original size, rotation and materials, with a tap of a button.
The objects and materials shelf now supports multiple levels. Coupled with the search filter and breadcrumbs, the shelf looks and behaves much better now.
Select an object, then tap the info button on the mini toolbar. You can now view the object name and interact with the 3D model. You can also access the reset size/materials/rotation of that object from this window.
Infinitely Tiled Shapes
Shapes in the Architectural category behave a bit differently than other objects in the app. When you resize a normal object, its texture stretches along with it. With an architectural shape, the texture will be tiled continuously and not stretched.
When creating new plan, the dimension system (imperial or metric) is automatically chosen based on user device settings or manually through the plan settings.
After our house burned in a fire, we had to rebuild quickly. I can't imagine trying to make the plans without this app helping to visualize it. Of course it would be better with even more objects. But it's great that you can adjust every dimension for every object. If you're imaginative you can modify a basic kitchen counter piece into a half wall; put 2 pieces of furniture together to form one piece; or make a picture frame into an aquarium using an imported photo as material. But the additions I would like to see is roofing, ability to color trim in the rooms & a walk-through locking option so that objects can't be highlighted. This would make it easier to let other people look at your plans. All in all- this is the best planning app I found. And for FREE!
Great free app that could use some updating.
I use the free version to give clients a better visual of their space and how it can be changed.
It is completely free, and I can send layouts to clients by email, so that is a wonderful plus. I can add my own pictures and make my own wall colors.
You can't get accurate sizing on walls and items.
The items are very limited. I would pay for an app that offered considerable more options in all categories. The version you can pay for currently does not offer nearly enough for me to buy it.
Materials are very limited and unrealistic looking. I have better luck finding an item online, taking a snapshot of it, then uploading that and using it as a material.
If I duplicate an item, then delete one, it will want to delete all items.
I can't move too many items too close to each other. The items just won't line up properly. It might be a fraction off, but it's enough to make a difference.
Overall, it's free and I can find nothing that compares. I hope they make a paid for version with a much more extensive library and fixes the little glitches.
Incredibly intuitive and powerful layout
This product is increabily intuitive, enables laying out rooms, windows and objects in an easy maner.
Create the layout of one or more rooms, then go into 2D mode where you can place objects from a really nice variety of categories.
The objects can be resized, moved, rotated and even elevated with a masterful interface. For the OCD among us, you can place objects relative to the walls and size them in 1" increments.
I quickly setup a layout of my 'home theater' room using sofas, chairs, speakers, TV and TV stands in an incredibly short period of time.
As I understand it, the product "TapGlance" is an upgrade to this. I'm just getting started with it, so I can't review it now.
One note: I don't know if it's possible to import 3D models into this product. If not, it's definitely something that would make this that much more valuable.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 05, 2017
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 1.12 GB
- Languages: English, French, Portuguese
- Seller: Black Mana Studios
- © Black Mana Studios USA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Custom Logo$29.99
- Remove Ads$3.99