Intro to Colors, by Montessorium
By Montessorium, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Intro to Colors just might turn your child into the next Picasso." - Mac Life
* Featured in New & Noteworthy!
* Intro to Colors, from the makers of Intro to Letters & Intro to Math.
* Supports English, French, German, Spanish, and Chinese languages.
With Intro to Colors, the world of colors comes alive. Inspired by the famous Montessori Color tablets, this dynamic and interactive app will guide your children through an appreciation of color, from the concrete to the abstract.
YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
· The basic foundations of color
· Primary & Secondary Colors
· Color Shades & Gradients
· To identify, match and name colors
· To mix, paint and create colors
· To seek, find and select colors
· Fine motor skills
Intro to Colors is a universal app that will work on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices. The app is optimized for iPhone 5 and retina screens. The app features these activities:
Learn to identify the primary colors, in a series of guided, interactive exercises using the color tablets. Your child will drag, match and tap on red, yellow and blue.
Learn to identify, select and name the secondary colors, in a number of engaging activities using the color tablets.
Learn to appreciate gradients with the color wheel and by arranging the color tablets from light-to-dark or dark-to-light.
Unleash your creativity on this blank canvas with this painting exercise. In the Montessori classroom, we provide only three colors (red, yellow, and blue) when painting. This constraint empowers children to mix colors and create new ones. Your child will learn that the three primary colors serve as the foundation for all colors.
Explore these creative artist scenes in this seek-and-find activity. Your child will listen for, find, and select the correct color as a fun way to recap their understanding of color.
STAY IN TOUCH
· Visit www.montessorium.com for information about Intro to Colors.
· Follow us on Twitter @montessorium
· Join us on Facebook @montessorium.
We'd love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 1.4
- Optimized for iOS 8
Only Covers The Americas
This is a great app but sadly only covers the Americas. Since our home country is China this is not as useful as I'd like it to be. I'm hoping the rest of the continents will soon be covered.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 07, 2015
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 147 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Montessorium, LLC
- © Montessorium, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.