Design on the go with the InVision app.
Bring screens to life in a Prototype, present Studio files, brainstorm with your team with Freehand, see recent activity in Conversations, and more. It’s all available in real time, from anywhere.
With the latest InVision app, you can:
- View and comment on Prototypes and Boards
- Present and mirror Studio files on any device
- Wireframe and brainstorm with Freehand
- Stay up-to-date on notifications through Conversations
- Force refresh prototypes and access them offline
- Enjoy a faster, higher fidelity experience
Hi iOS users!
This release includes:
-Fixes related to overlay logic
-Fix for Private Cloud users when viewing Studio prototypes
-Freehand UI improvements
-Additional performance improvements
We look forward to your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
No care here, disappointed
As involved as InVision is with the modern day design industry, it’s very odd how little attention or care their mobile app seems to get.
This app is lacking in almost every way. In fact the only thing it does well is allow you to tap through prototypes. That’s fine, but only accounts for about 10% of what the full InVision platform offers.
1. No settings. It’s impossible to do any kind of editing or configuring of your prototypes. Something as simple as allowing me to enable or disable the status bar on the fly seems like a no-brainer. This is literally a read-only application (apart from comments)
2. No Apple Pencil support. Their desktop version has a great freehand tool that allows you to scribble notes on your screens. You would *think* they would extend that tech to the iPad + Apple Pencil, but it is noticeably absent. The iPad app is just an upscaled version of the iPhone one and gives the middle finger to anyone trying to use the iPad as a serious professional tool.
3. No workflow access. Again this app is lacking basic features from the web version that would be incredibly easy to implement.
4. Activity Feed? Permissions? Account management? All missing.
To be honest I wouldn’t as disappointed about this as I am if InVision didn’t block you from accessing the site on a mobile browser. There is no reason I shouldn’t be able to use Safari on my iPad Pro to make quick edits or changes to prototypes or account management.
Hi there, we wanted to provide you an update. In our last release, we have introduced our Freehand functionality for iPad which supports Apple Pencil. We are continuing to add more functionality and address the issues you have mentioned here, so please stay tuned. Thank you again for the thorough feedback and we'll be in touch soon.
Great clean interface, lacking features
Overall, I love using InVision to share project design prototypes with clients. The clean UI makes for a great experience for both parties.
With that said, since I have been using the app for 3 months now involving a few different projects, I have come across various features that simply could exist, that don’t. Don’t get me wrong, I do love the minimal, and simply functions of InVision.
1) the app allows only 1 view to be specified within one project. So a desktop view OR a mobile view, has to be selected. But what if there is 1 project that consists of a mobile and a desktop view. This makes it impossible to seamlessly share these within a unified project with a client.
2) wishing there was a status of a design or prototype that was for drafts, that have been reviewed, and are filled with feedback and comments that you wish to keep, without it clogging up “in progress, needs review, or completed” non of which apply to this very relevant category.
These are two glaring issues right now, but overall, like the software a lot. However at 14 / month, it’s pricy for very minimal features.
I really can’t say enough good things about InVision. As a first time entrepreneur, IV really helped me take what was in my head and work through the process of how a user would actually interact with our app. It was so easy to pick up how to use InVision and their help/support section is phenomenal for any questions that did arise. No joke, IV is legit! Use it. You won’t be sorry.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.