Invisor - Media File Inspector
By Max Pozdeev
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Invisor displays technical information about your video, audio and photo files with ability to compare collected data.
Supports most of video and audio file formats including MPEG-1/2/4, Matroska, WMV, XVID, AVI, MXF, MOV, MJPEG, MP3, AAC, Vorbis, AC-3, DTS, WMA, ALAC, FLAC, PCM and others. Displays detailed info about file's container and media streams including subtitles and chapters.
The list of supported photo files includes JPEG, TIFF, PNG and most of raw formats produced by the cameras. Displays EXIF, IPTC, GPS, XMP and MakerNote tags.
Export feature allows you to save gathered information in different formats: Text, HTML, XML, JSON and CSV. Comparison table can be exported to CSV document.
Also there is a command to remove geolocation metadata from photos and MPEG-4 (QuickTime) movies to protect your privacy while sharing the media files.
Want to see more features? Found a bug? Please report me on firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.7
* MediaInfo library updated to v0.7.85
* Updated list of supported lenses
* Consumes less memory on large lists
* Other minor changes and fixes
A huge step up from the already great MediaInfo
Right away I did a test drive to use Invisor the way I typically use Mediainfo. A few things this app has that Mediainfo doesn’t have that make it totally worth the cost for me (though Mediainfo is also a fantastic tool and a solid open-source foundation):
- The Open With… in Finder works as you’d expect it to.
- Invisor gives you a LOT of info on video files, including number of total frames, Field order, and Progressive vs. Interleaved.
- The Comparison view is very cool.
- The multi-file open works as you’d expect it to and the side-bar is very convenient.
I highly recommend this as a must-have tool for anyone working with video files! It will become a daily tool.