LIMITED TIME OFFER: IO for FREE
IO is everything you need to write and edit markdown notes on your Mac. It live renders every piece of markdown and can access files from the disk.
The following features are included:
- Markdown support
- Live-rendering of the markdown formatting
- Access and save the notes on the file system
- Save and create notes within the app
- Notes are automatically saved in the app so you don't need to save them to the disk
- Shortcuts which makes your live easier:
- CmdOrCtrl + O - Open a file from the file system
- CmdOrCtrl + S - Save a file to the file system
- CmdOrCtrl + Keyup - Switch to the next note
- CmdOrCtrl + Keydown - Switch to the previous note
Ratings and Reviews
This is an awesome idea for an app, but is buggy.
IO has a decent design, distraction free markdown. For free, it is fine. I wouldn't pay for it as it stands right now.
Free (Right now)
Stores locations of old notes.
Buggy (Right now)
No dark mode
No mode to see plain text and, or markdown.
Splash screen looks like this: Blazing fast markdown edito r.
If you drag a txt document onto the app, it is displayed much like textedit, but not editable.
When selecting text, the highlight is much too light. White on white, which makes it difficult to see.
Agreed, buggy, but excellent potential
I always wanted exactly this editor. But things need ironed out:
- Select text + backspace needs to delete text…
- Table support! I don’t know why all the markdown developers hate tables.
- No help menu... ⌘+⇧+/ is a necessity for me to navigate menus
- Automatic bulleting upon hitting return to add an additional item
- some slight lag in recognizing some commands.
Also, not really a gripe, but 141 MB seems a little big… what’s going on in there? Most Markdown editors are a lot smaller…
Overall ok. Good that it’s free. To do list: Work out the bugs and add features. Charge a gourmet subscription fee. Retire to the South Pacific from all the money I’m going to give you for it when it’s rock solid.
- Christoph Biering
- 53.5 MB
- English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Christoph Biering
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.