iOctocat - Mobile client for GitHub
By Dennis Reimann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GitHub in your pocket: The best way for staying up to date with what's going on in your projects and catching up with the open source ecosystem.
iOctocat has a full-blown feature set, if you are looking for something in particular, see the list below or the website at http://ioctocat.com
Be sure to follow the project on Twitter or App.net (@iOctocat) to be informed about what features will be added soon and when new versions ship!
So, without further ado, here's what the app can do for you:
*** Activity Feeds and Profiles ***
• See what's up with repositories you watch and users you follow
• User and organization profiles including repositories, gists, etc. (organizations in Basic version)
• Follow users
*** Repositories ***
• Quick access to your public repos (private ones in Basic version)
• Star, watch or fork repositories
• See the code and recent commits of the different branches, the README, issues and forks
• Code viewer with lots of nice themes, so you can see the code in all of its beauty
• Your star- and watchlist
*** Commits ***
• Detailed information about the files that were added, removed and modified
• Browse the changes of the modified files viewing colored diffs
• Comment on commits and even diff lines
*** Issues and Pull Requests ***
• Open, close or edit issues - merge pull requests on the go
• Issue and pull request discussion/commenting
• List of issues across your repositories
*** Gists ***
• Access to your public, private and starred gists
• Browse them the same way you can explore repositories
• Of course you can comment on gists, too
*** Search and Trending Repositories ***
• Look up users and repositories
• See the list of trending repositories per language
These are the major features, plus lots more and counting.
The app is rapidly improved with new feature additions as the GitHub API gets extended.
Here are some more niceties:
• Works with GitHub's Two-Factor Authentication
• Username, issue, and emoji completion (as seen on GitHub) plus Markdown shortcuts
• Get notified about GitHub status warnings
• Open almost every GitHub.com URL in iOctocat, by prefixing it with ioc:// instead of https://
• 1Password integration (can be used when adding an account)
What's New in Version 2.7.1
Please consider recommending iOctocat to your friends and telling about it on Twitter. This really helps me to reach more developers who might also like the app.
In case you would like to give some feedback or just let me know about your main use cases, let me know via the In-App Feedback (accessibe via the menu). And now go ahead and enjoy this release, which brings some bugfixes.
• Fixed problem with opening the sharing menu on the iPad
• Fixed crash related to Markdown parsing
It works, but there are better alternatives
I used the free version of iOctocat. Did it work as advertised? Splendidly. The free version, as advertised, does not allow commenting, posting, merging, etc. It's basically "read only" for GitHub data.
If you're as crazy about free software as I am, I recently switched to codeHub. It's open source, and the free version has tons of features (the pay version adds private repos in the mix, I believe).
If you prefer this UI or really don't need to ever comment/merge things, maybe (probably not, but maybe) iOctocat is right for you. Otherwise, try out the other app.
Works well for keeping tabs on repos
The free version works well for keeping tabs on public repos. Including responding to issues and PRs.
I do wish I here was an app that worked for GH, BB and GL. This is GH only.
I also wish private repos and notifications were in the free version, but I won't ding a free app for having clearly outlines paid upgrades.
I took the basic plunge and am happy with the product. For selfish reasons I would love to see it integrate with ZenHub so I could update the pipeline, but for mobile functionality it works very well.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 05, 2016
- Version: 2.7.1
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dennis Reimann
- © 2009 Dennis Reimann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iOctocat Basic$6.99
- iOctocat Pro$13.99
- iOctocat Pro (from Basic)$6.99