iOctocat - GitHub for iOS - Code and Development with Git
By Dennis Reimann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GitHub in your pocket: The best way for staying up to date with what's going on in your projects and catching up with the open source ecosystem.
iOctocat has a full-blown feature set, if you are looking for something in particular, see the list below or the website at http://ioctocat.com
Be sure to follow the project on Twitter or App.net (@iOctocat) to be informed about what features will be added soon and when new versions ship!
So, without further ado, here's what the app can do for you:
*** Activity Feeds and Profiles ***
• See what's up with repositories you watch and users you follow
• User and organization profiles including repositories, gists, etc.
• Follow users
*** Repositories ***
• Quick access to your public repos (private ones in Basic version)
• Star, watch or fork repositories
• See the code and recent commits of the different branches, the README, issues and forks
• Code viewer with lots of nice themes, so you can see the code in all of its beauty
• Your star- and watchlist
*** Commits ***
• Detailed information about the files that were added, removed and modified
• Browse the changes of the modified files viewing colored diffs
• Comment on commits and even diff lines
*** Issues and Pull Requests ***
• Open, close or edit issues - merge pull requests on the go
• Issue and pull request discussion/commenting
• List of issues across your repositories
*** Gists ***
• Access to your public, private and starred gists
• Browse them the same way you can explore repositories
• Of course you can comment on gists, too
*** Search and Trending Repositories ***
• Look up users and repositories
• See the list of trending repositories per language
These are the major features, plus lots more and counting.
The app is rapidly improved with new feature additions as the GitHub API gets extended.
Here are some more niceties:
• Works with GitHub's Two-Factor Authentication
• Username, issue, and emoji completion (as seen on GitHub) plus Markdown shortcuts
• Get notified about GitHub status warnings
• Open almost every GitHub.com URL in iOctocat, by prefixing it with ioc:// instead of https://
• 1Password integration (can be used when adding an account)
What's New in Version 2.3.7
* Update syntax highlighting
* Sort releases by tag name. Thanks @koraktor for the hint!
* Fix search by language. Thanks @vjeantet for the pointer!
I like this app a lot. There's one thing I wish was easier: add a project to my safari reading list.
Should be easy to add
Great github client! Dev is very responsive to bug reports, one of my favorite features.
Great github app
Works great, easy to navigate. Good work
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 17, 2014
- Version: 2.3.7
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dennis Reimann
- © 2009 Dennis Reimann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- iOctocat Basic$6.99
- iOctocat Pro$12.99
- iOctocat Pro (from Basic)$6.99