iOnRoad - Augmented Reality Driving
By iOnRoad Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An Augmented Reality Driving App!
Improve your driving in real time using the power of your iPhone. The app uses your camera and sensors to detect vehicles in front of the host vehicle, alerting when in danger.
WINNER OF NUMEROUS PRIZES
- CTIA Wireless E-Tech Award
- Best Augmented Reality App for 2011
- CES 2012 Design and Engineering Showcase Award
* Most App features require a Windshield Mount. Mount can be bought using the App or on the web.
Mount your device and iOnRoad will recognize traffic ahead and warn of potential collisions. iOnRoad warns you of collisions with audio and visual alerts.
Use your cam to monitor your headway distance for ongoing feedback in a HUD-like display.
OFF ROAD WARNINGS
Receive an audio-visual warning in case you are crossing a solid lane marking line (over 60 km/h). This can be a true life saver if you are swerving, drowsy or otherwise distracted.
SPEED SIGN DETECTION
Making sure you notice the speed signs you’re passing by along the way, on each and every frame. This can help you avoid speeding tickets.
ULTIMATE CAR LOCATOR
Save your parking spot and iOnRoad will later guide you to your car using the GPS.
VIDEO & IMAGE CAPTURING
Record videos of your drives or take snapshots of drivers that cut you on the road - a car blackbox in an app!
Full Statistics of your routes, gas consumption, safety scoring, green driving ,velocity and acceleration helps you understand how to be a Safer and an Eco-Friendly driver.
iOnRoad can run while your navigation software runs in the background such as:
Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps and others
- Continued use of GPS significantly reduces battery life so we recommend using an in-car charger & windshield mount.
- iOnRoad is still in first version & we're working hard to improve it - join our community to help!
- iOnRoad recommends on using iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S for a smooth experience.
- iOS 8 is required.
- The App is not compatible with iPod touch.
IONROAD IS IN FIRST VERSION, IT IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE SAFE DRIVING OR ANY OTHER SAFETY SYSTEM AND WILL NOT CATCH ALL WARNINGS. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- iOS 9 compatibility.
- Better Speed Limits Recognition algorithm
Good functionality; cluttered interface
Very nice augmented reality app. Solid functionality. There aren't that many out there, because they're hard to do well. This one is about as reliable as one can expect from machine vision performed locally on the iPhone. It has several cool unique features, like a time (rather than distance) separation, and automatic detection of speed limit signs. I don't seem to have as much trouble with speed limit sign detection as others. Not sure why. Everything works relatively reliably.
1. Not optimized for iPhone 6 Plus screens :(
2. What's with the mandatory Facebook integration for driving analytics? I'd like some, but I will not integrate my driving app with Facebook. This is deeply upsetting and disappointing.
3. There are at least two major features missing:
a) A speed warning based on the last detected sign versus a statically-configured one.
b) Interface customizability. The main screen is cluttered with useless (to me) information which takes up at least 33% of the useful display space. I'd prefer either a cleaner screen, or at least to be able to configure what information appears. For instance, playlist controls would be nice.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 29.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: iOnRoad Ltd.
- © 2011 iOnRoad Technologies Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.