iOptiCut - cutting optimizer for iPhone - Defines how to cut rectangular pieces from wood, glass, ceramic, metal, drywall or veneer panels, etc with minimal waste of material. The most of cutting tasks have to be done on construction sites where you should figure out how to cut pieces in fast-paced environment.
Can you imagine having a smart optimizer in your pocket that can easily find out how to cut all necessary pieces with lightning speed! It'll dramatically improve your productivity and get more projects done than ever before. In addition you'll save a lot of expensive material (wood, glass, metal, marble or veneer) and hence your money.
iOptiCut takes complete care about cutting tasks and makes you life much easier. It instantly generates and displays complex layouts and cutting instructions right at your worksite.
There are seven different cutting methods available. Guillotine methods implies all cuts are made from one side of sheet completely to another side, as in case of glass or ceramic cutting. Nesting methods does not impose any restrictions of how cuts are made and usually produces better results than guillotine methods.
iOptiCut provides you with the following Benefits:
- Optimality. You can maximize stock utilization and minimize material waste during cutting, nesting, sawing or punching operations.
- Mobility. iOptiCut is designed to operate on your iPhone that means you can bring it to any place you need the nesting/stock cutting optimization done.
- Speed. The calculation engine uses the robust algorithm that is capable to generate a complex layout in couple of seconds.
- Simplicity. iOptiCut has a simple and intuitive graphical user interface that does not confuse even first-time users.
The main features of iOptiCut:
- Nesting and Guillotine stock cutting calculation methods.
- Integrated graphical viewer for visual inspection of the layouts.
- Multiple sheets.
- Export via eMail.
Comma is allowed in dimensions for boards and parts.
In schemes layout added part names.
Ratings and Reviews
Not sure what went wrong
This app was great when I downloaded it 7 years ago, having not used it for a few years, now doing a simple project needing 3 pieces 25" x 39" each from a 48x96 sheet of plywood. No matter which cut method I chose, shows same result, requiring 2 sheets of plywood. One long cut leaving 39x96, three at 25" wide and I need 2 sheets? My kerf is 1/8 inch, not 10 inches. Gee.
I would not use
This app has left off items that I have imputed and crashes regularly. I am not satisfied and would not recommend using this app to anyone.
This app saved me a bunch of time figuring out the best way to cut 25 pieces out of 5 sheets of plywood and there's nothing else out there like this, so I can't complain. This is more of a suggestion. I wanted to print the layouts for use in the shop, but when I emailed the files it changed the measurements from inches to millimeters and the layouts looked completely different. Also the files came through as .xml files which are not easy to save or print (at least for me). Definitely some bugginess in the export function or there's a preference setting I couldn't find.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.