iOrion® is a complete financial management mobile application that allows legal professionals to access data from their Orion software using any recent-model iOS® device. iOrion provides a simpler, more efficient mobile timekeeping solution as well as access to critical information about clients, related contacts and cases. Emails and phone calls can be initiated from the legal professionals’ Client or favorite Matter when viewing a related contact. As with Orion’s desktop application, when the legal professional completes those activities, iOrion will automatically track the time and create a related fee. iOrion allows legal professionals to better manage their cases, keep more accurate account of their billable time and expenses, and stay on top of the firm’s bottom line.
Time Management – iOS versions of Orion’s “Time Entry”, “Smart Timers” and “Time Manager”
Contact Management – All Contact related information is easily accessible including relationships to other Contacts and Matters, initiate phone calls/emails from within iOrion or even display driving directions
Matter Management – Organize information by Matter which allows for quick access to financial information while on-the-go
Event Management – Quickly create and edit Tasks/Appointments and “To-Do” lists while automatically recording and billing for your time
Payment Calendar – Real time access to payment information including multiple views and sorting capabilities
Expense Reimbursement – Mobile submission of reimbursement requests, along with ability to scan receipts or other documents
iOrion for iOS is available for use in conjuction with Orion’s Financial Management software solution.
Maintenance release 4.6.21.
Fix SmartTimer screen sometimes blank until refresh.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than the desktop for tracking time
My firm recently gave us access to the mobile app for timekeeping. The interface is much nicer than the desktop app, so much so that I now use the mobile app exclusively.
One of the main things I dislike about the desktop app is that smart timer windows are set to always on top. I cannot find an option to turn that off, so I am constantly having to minimize the windows. For that reason alone I would have switched to the mobile app.
There are at least a couple of things that could be improved in the mobile app:
1. Allow creating, editing, and deleting of nicknames from the mobile app. This is the only thing I use the desktop app for anymore. It’s very annoying to have to open the desktop app just for this purpose.
2. When in landscape mode on the iPad, the keyboard covers the text entry field when entering a description (notes) for a smart timer. The only way to enter a description, if you want to see what you are typing, is to switch to portrait mode. The developers went to the trouble of having different portrait and landscape interfaces, so at least make sure they work properly.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review!
1. To add, edit, or delete a nickname go to the client-matter lookup and tap on the star in the upper right corner. Then tap on the item you want to perform the change of nickname on. A dialog box will pop up allowing you to perform the desired changes. When done changing all of the nicknames that you want tap Done in the upper right hand corner.
2. Can you scroll the list of timers while the keyboard is up? How many total timers do you have? The app should automatically scroll the focused entry so it is visible. If this issue persists please contact support.
- Orion Law Management Systems Inc
- 27.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Orion Law Management Systems Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.