Iowa Gambling Task
By Simone Sacchi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app faithfully reproduce the psychological test called "Iowa Gambling Task", thought to simulate real-life decision making, as was described for the first time in: Bechara, A., Damasio, A.R., Damasio, H. e Anderson, S. (1994), Insensitivity to future consequences following damage to human prefrontal cortex. Cognition, n. 50, pp. 7-12.
At the end of the test, you can save a Csv file with all the collected data and export it by sending it via email. The data saved are:
- the participant's name
- the trial number
- the selected deck
- the reward
- the penalty
- the net gain (reward - penalty)
- the total earned
- the response time (the interval in milliseconds between trials)
- the touch speed (for how many milliseconds the finger is touching the deck)
- the time
- the date
It will also be possible to display the data collected through some charts. The section of the charts is a web page embedded in the app UI, so to access them you need an internet connection; for the rest, the test can run without connection.
At any time, you can review the charts, uploading the Csv file saved in this web page: www.simonesacchi.com/igt-charts/#eng
In the home page, you can set:
- some default values for sending data via email
- the visualization of the reaction times during the test
- the possibility to navigate back once the test has started
For information, give your feedback, report problems, suggest improvements or require custom applications, you can contact the developer: email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixed problem in the file name
Thanks for creating this app.