Iowa Public Radio App:
The Iowa Public Radio App allows you to listen to Iowa Public Radio, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to Iowa Public Radio with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from Iowa Public Radio even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for the Iowa Public Radio stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to Iowa Public Radio in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access Iowa Public Radio programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Iowa Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Iowa Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at Iowa Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Iowa Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Rich content & a fuller IPR experience
For quite some time I had intentionally not downloaded this app. “I listen to IPR all the time; what can the app provide that I don’t already get by listening to the radio?” Apparently A LOT! Not only can I listen to stories again, there are stories that I have missed, especially on the classical station. There are also written pieces that never air on the radio, and more background and research into more and different topics than those just reported on the radio. With this app at the Iowa public radio experience has depth & breadth I never knew existed. Great work!
Buffering problems make the app almost unusable
The design and usefulness of this app has grown substantially since it was released. However, they seem unable to fix an issue with the streams rebuffering about every 30 seconds. It’s worst with the live stream. It’s extremely annoying, and I have to use an older iPad with an older version of the app at this time. If this issue could be fixed, the app would be just about perfect.
I appreciate this app so much. I listen often while doing things around the house. I recently spent a month in Arizona and I tuned in every day to hear the local news, local programming, and my favorite NPR shows.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.