IP Cam Pro turns your mac into a IP surveillance camera (with audio). Run IP Cam on your mac, and via Wi-Fi network, you can view live video and audio captured by your mac's built in FaceTime camera (or any mac compatible USB/Firewire camera) on web browser from any computer. You can even view IP Cam Pro using Safari browser from another mobile device such as iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
IP Cam Pro supports standard MJPEG streaming, so you can view it from any other IP Camera viewer apps.
IP Cam Pro also supports audio capture, so you can remotely listen to the audio captured by mac's microphone while viewing live camera.
IP Cam Pro adds motion detection, sound detection, remote recording, motion-triggered email and motion-triggered recording to IP Cam.
* Live video and audio capture from mac.
* View from web browsers on any operating systems (without audio).
* View from Safari browser to get both audio and video.
* View from iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad using the Safari browser.
* Compatible with standard MJPEG streaming for viewing with 3rd party apps.
* Support Wi-Fi networks.
* Multi-Color Mode: Black and White, High Contrast and Night Vision.
* Remote recording and remote viewing of recorded videos.
* Motion detection and sound detection with email notification and automatic recording.
* Custom motion area selection such as windows or door.
* Trigger custom Applescript or Automator Workflow when motion or sound is detected.
* Dynamic DNS service support.
* Quick access from mac’s status icons.
* Start IP Cam Pro on your mac.
* Take a note on the HTTP access address shown by IP Cam.
* For Wi-Fi remote viewing, enter the same HTTP address into the web browser from another computer or iOS device on the same Wi-Fi network.
Fixed a crash issue on certain older mac models.
Ratings and Reviews
does not open … constantly crashes
Paid for the more expensive app hoping it would work the best and it refuses to open.. constantly crashes
I want my money back
No documentation. Can’t handle more than one at a time. When in use, blocks windows I want to see. FORGET IT!!!
How do I get my money back?
Nice start.. but needs some basic features.. especially for this version
I purchase the $9.99 version vs. the $4.99 version and really have to wonder what the $4.99 version does because this $9.99 version is pretty basic. It is just version 1.0.. but it feels like it too. I think I am being very generious with 3 stars.. but it has potential.
If it is supposed to be a monitor with motion detector.. it may actually do that.. but I haven't gotten it to do it so far.
I have also not been able to get it to actually record anything.. it shows up in the status bar.. shows motion.. detects motion.. but then doesn't record anything. I also tried several tests.. and not sure how to even get it to record a quick video.. I did read the FAQ which only helped a little.. but not a lot.
What it needs.. NOW.
1) Instant record button; I want to be able to click record and have it do it instantly or at least if it trigger the motion it be active.
2) I want to be able to specify where it records videos and the quality of them.
3) I would like a non-status bar version of the app..
4) The IP address for me keeps coming up NULL. I am not sure why I need to make a port forwarding configuration on my router to even have this field fill in.. I can understand it if I want to connect to it from outside of my internal network.. but I don't want to do that.. just view internally so it should be able to figure out its own address.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.