By James Hamilton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ip6config is a network configuration display tool with the following features:
- Displays all network interfaces on your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Displays all IPv4, IPv6, and Link-Layer addresses for available network interfaces
- Displays IPv6 Neighbors, the IPv6 equivalent of ARP
- Listens for IPv6 Router Advertisements
- Supports copying from all data fields
Ip6config is ad supported. To support future development, please consider removing ads through a one-time in-app purchase on the Settings tab.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Improved memory management
- Updated localization
Good app - room for improvement
Been using it for a couple of months now. Handy little tool to perform basic IPv6 troubleshooting w/o having to turn on your notebook. And the developer is quick to answer tech support questions.
Adding a couple options (actively querying for neighbors, actively querying for routers, other minor touch-ups) and would become part of the "have to have" toolkit for any network administrator doing IPv6.
Excellent Informational App
This is an excellent app for those of us moving forward with IPv6. Hopefully Apple will include the IPv6 info in Settings in a future update, but this is the app to use until then.
Adding ping6 to this would make it much more useful than it already is.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 28, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: James Hamilton
- © 2010 James Hamilton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$0.99