IPAddressSentinel is a menu bar app which displays and copies your current machines IP addresses and name. (Only the "first" IP address found to save space.)
Visit our website for other information and a demo.
Since the app registers itself to receive notifications of changes in machine IP address, it is always current, and you can use it to know when you Mac is connected to the internet by just looking at your menu bar. If it is not connected then the title will be empty: "-.-.-.-".
This app can also:
• Include machine name in menu bar
• Include wireless network name in menu bar
• Show the external Ip address in the menu
• Show the domain name of the address
• List all addresses on your Mac in the menu
• Email you when the machine address changes
• Email you when the external address changes
• Graphically indicate when the address changes in the menu bar
• Optionally only show the app icon in menu bar, to save space.
• The menu is updated whenever you open it.
• External IP address is retrieved from "http://www.whatismyip.com/" but not at a rate that exceeds once every six minutes to conform to their access policy.
• Use the logging mechanism for detailed tracking of activity.
• Changes in IP address can be indicated by showing a red app icon in the menu bar.
Ratings and Reviews
Back to front for my requirements
A great little app for monitoring my internal IP. Although in my case (similar to what others have stated) this is not what interests me.
It's my external IP I wish to easily view, monitor, and keep a history of. This app is so close, but sadly it's back-to-front in terms of priorities (for me). Priority is on the internal address, with the external IP being a sort of after thought.
It allows you to select an option to at least display the external IP in the drop down menu from the icon in the menubar.
It also allows for having it notify you of changes in your internal IP, but the same option is not available for changes in the external IP.
Notification is by email (if wanted) and by a change in the icon in the menu bar.
I am hoping the developer extends this app somewhat to make external IP as much of a feature as the internal. Looking at most of the other reviews, I am not the only one wanting this.
I had an app on all my MACs called IP Monitor, which worked great! I could always see my ip address. Then I upgraded to OS Lion and my IP Monitor no longer worked. I hate not knowing my ip address. Then I found this app! This one is even better than the IP Monitor I had. Thanks guys for coming up with such a great app! I love this! I'm loading it on all my MACs!
Does what it says
Very basic tool. Does exactly what the descriptions says. Would be nice if it showed all the ip addresses that are currently connected to your network. That way I could monitor who/what is connected to my network with one click.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.