iPeng 9, the music remote for the Logitech® Squeezebox™, has been designed for the latest iOS versions and fully supports all iPhone and iPad form factors.
iPeng 9 is a remote control app that will work all over your home with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch.
You can also purchase an additional playback capability as an In-App-Purchase that will turn your iPhone or iPad into a full-blown music player for your Squeezebox Server or Roon Server.
*** New in iPeng 9 ***
• Support of iPhone X/XS and XS Max
• Latest Apple Watch support including Series 4, under watchOS 3 and newer
• Today Widget to use iPeng in Notification Center and on the lock screen.
• Full multitasking support on iPad and iPad Pro, including Split View and Slide Over under iOS 9 and newer.
*** What’s new compared to iPeng Classic? ***
* Full Support of latest iOS Versions *
• iPeng has been redesigned, matching Apple's flat UI design for an up-to-date appeal, and uses a modernized platform and code base for continuous support of new iOS features.
* Universal App *
• iPeng 9 is a universal app for both iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, so you only have to purchase the app once. Older iPeng versions had separate apps for iPhone and iPad.
* Customizable *
• The customizable main menu allows you to show different menu items in your top level menu or hide things that you don’t need.
• Change the structure of your main menu through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
• You can select a bright or dark color scheme for iPeng, and iPeng can even automatically select it based on your lighting conditions.
* Easier Multi-Room Control *
• The redesigned MultiPlayer Control simplifies handling many players.
• QuickSwitch lets you move playlists from one player to another easily with a swipe of your finger.
• Have direct access to Power/Volume for each connected player and change other player settings in the player details.
• Group players to synchronized groups. Jointly control playback and volume for these groups and move players between them using drag-and-drop or a toolbar.
• Power all players in a group off with a single click when you leave.
* Manage Playlists and Favorites *
• View, save, change and rearrange not only your current playlist but also saved playlists and favorites.
* Works with Logitech Squeezebox and compatible players *
• iPeng 9 works with all Logitech Squeezebox Players as well as many Squeezebox-compatible players like Innuos Zen, the SOtM sMS-1000SQ and sMS-100 or VortexBox players.
• With iPeng Playback, iPeng also works as a player with Roon.
*** Enjoy the familiar features and comfort of iPeng. ***
* Easy and Fast to Use *
• The functionality of iPeng is optimized for speed of use guaranteeing long-term fun.
• Built-in Tutorials help you to learn iPeng’s operation.
* Explore Your Music Library (1) *
• Browse your own files by categories like Albums, Artists, Genres or simply search for your music.
* Explore Remote Services *
• You get access to a whole world of internet radio and music services like Rhapsody™ and Spotify™ and have control over them as if they were in your own library.
* Use 3rd Party Plugins (2) *
• iPeng supports a growing number of 3rd party plugins for Squeezebox™, e.g. CustomBrowse, TrackStat, Music and Artist Information and many more.
* Use MySqueezebox.com *
• iPeng 9 doesn’t require a server to operate your Squeezebox, it also supports Logitech’s MySqueezbox.com online service.
Note: This does not apply to the Playback functionality.
iPeng requires one or more Squeezebox™ or any compatible hard- or software player.
Squeezebox™ is a trademark of Logitech.
(1) LogitechMedia Server/Squeezebox Server version 7.5 or newer available for free from mysqueezebox.com/download or downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/
(2) Installation of 3rd party plugins in Logitech Media Server required.
iPeng 9.6.1's design has been adapted to the new iPad Pro, iPhone XS Max and the Apple Watch Series 4.
It supports the new iPad screen sizes and the homebuttonless user interface.
It contains some bug fixes, particularly for older Apple Watches and minor improvements like a sorted player list.
The following features of Apple Watch Series 4 have been supported since iPeng 9.6:
• multicolored complications
• adjustment of complications to the curves of the dial
• more formats for complications
Ratings and Reviews
Still the Best Network Music Player
In 2001 I purchased a Slim Devices, Inc Squeezebox 3 network music player. It was, and in my mind -- still is the perfect system to control my audio system. It is now 2019, and I am still listening to my enormous music collection of more than 3000 albums loaded on my server thanks to the fabulous work of the iPeng apps’ developer.
My ancient Squeezebox 3 remote device still works, and my older iPads are scattered around my home providing additional remote feed of my music server over Wi-Fi to my multi-room audio systems. I can remote control all this music and select my playlists for each room using my iPhone. Through the years, the iPeng developer has kept up with all the advances of iOS and iPeng serves my music listening needs perfectly. Thank you for this excellent app!
Great, but auto-starts in my car
Great UI, functionality, and reliability. I docked 2 stars for an edge case that gets me regularly. If iPeng is not running, neither FG nor BG, and iTunes is running in BG but not playing (so that it remembers my last pause), then when I start my car, its audio system finds my Bluetooth phone and tells it to resume. I expect iTunes to resume. Instead, iPeng starts and takes over, shows Squeezebox on my car’s display, and starts my Squeezeboxes in the house via my home WiFi that’s still accessible, just as I’m driving away. My wife has to turn it off, and I have to get out my phone and explicitly start iTunes. I have not purchased the Playback feature, either, not that it would help away from home. Other audio apps I have don’t do this.
Developer Response ,
iOS automatically selects the last audio App you have used to send the car's remote control event to which in your case is probably iPeng.
It's a bit of an unfortunate selection, it's one of these cases where Apple makes a lot of assumptions on what a user might want to do to automate things and in your case it fails.
It's hard to solve this without taking away a lot of functionality for other users as well, essentially, iPeng would have to ignore remote control events sent to it because we can't influence where iOS is sending the event to.
But a lot of people WANT to use the remote control events in a lot of situations so it's hard to just remove it.
Exemplary problem support
I had a problem with LMS connection to SBB’s. I sent an email via the built-in Help. I received a prompt reply, after a few back and forth emails to explore problem, iPeng staff wisely diagnosed the problem with my network. I’d initially called Logitech only to be told they no longer support Squeeze players on Mac’s. In the world with people selling without a core competency, iPeng stands out with excellence in both product and service.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Du!Business GmbH
- 32.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2018 PenguinLovesMusic.com
- In-App Purchases
- iPeng Playback $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.