iPeng 9 - Squeezebox Remote
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iPeng 9, the music remote for the Logitech® Squeezebox™, has been designed for the latest iOS versions and fully supports iPhone 6 and 6 Plus form factors. iPeng 9 is a remote control app that will work all over your home with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch.
You can also purchase an additional playback capability as an In-App-Purchase that will turn your iPhone or iPad into a full-blown music player for your Squeezebox Server.
*** New in iPeng 9 ***
• Today Widget to use iPeng in Notification Center and on the lock screen.
• Full musltitasking support on iPad and iPad Pro, including Split View and Slide Over under iOS 9.
*** What’s new compared to iPeng Classic? ***
* Full Support of latest iOS Versions *
• iPeng has been redesigned matching Apple's flat UI design for an up-to-date appeal and uses a modernized platform and code base to keep supporting new iOS features.
* Universal App *
• iPeng 9 is a universal app for both iPhone and iPad, so you only have to purchase the app once. Older iPeng versions had separate apps for iPhone and iPad.
* Customizable *
• The customizable main menu allows you to show different menu items in your top level menu or hide things that you don’t need.
• Change the structure of your main menu through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
• You can select a bright or dark color scheme for iPeng and iPeng can even automatically select it based on your lighting conditions.
* iPeng makes your life easier with multiple players *
• The redesigned MultiPlayer Control makes handling many players even easier.
• QuickSwitch lets you easily move playlists from one player to another with a swipe of your finger.
• Have direct access to Power/Volume for each connected player and change other player settings in the player details.
• Group players to synchronized groups. Jointly control playback and volume for these groups and move players between them using drag-and-drop or a toolbar.
• Power all players in a group off with a single click when you leave.
* Manage Playlists and Favorites *
• View, save, change and rearrange not only your current playlist but also saved playlists and favorites.
* Works with Logitech Squeezebox and compatible players *
• iPeng 9 works with all Logitech Squeezebox Players as well as many Squeezebox-compatible players like the SOtM sMS-1000SQ and sMS-100 or VortexBox players.
*** Enjoy the familiar features and comfort of iPeng. ***
* Easy and Fast to Use *
• The functionality of iPeng is optimized for speed of use guaranteeing long-term fun.
• Built-in Tutorials help you to learn iPeng’s operation.
* Explore Your Music Library (1) *
• Browse your own files by categories like Albums, Artists, Genres or simply search for your music.
* Explore Remote Services *
• You get access to a whole world of internet radio and music services like Rhapsody™ and Spotify™ and have control over them as if they were in your own library .
* Use 3rd Party Plugins (2) *
• iPeng supports a growing number of 3rd party plugins for Squeezebox™,e.g. CustomBrowse, TrackStat and many more.
* Use MySqueezebox.com *
• iPeng 9 doesn’t require a server to operate your Squeezebox, it also supports Logitech’s MySqueezbox.com online service.
Note: This does not apply for the Playback functionality.
iPeng requires one or more Squeezebox™ or any compatible hard- or software player.
Squeezebox™ is a trademark of Logitech.
(1) LogitechMedia Server/Squeezebox Server version 7.5 or newer available for free from mysqueezebox.com/download or downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/
(2) Installation of 3rd party plugins in Logitech Media Server required.
What's New in Version 9.3.2
iPeng 9 is now ready for iOS 11!
Use your Squeezebox (or compatible players) with all of iPeng's functionality on Apple's most modern mobile operating system.
iPeng 9.3 has two new main features:
* iPeng Playback (In-App-Purchase) is now compatible with Roon using Roon's Squeezebox emulation; you can now use iPeng as a Roon player*)
* iPeng Playback now has improved synchronization behavior with lower startup latency and better synchronization stability
Stay tuned for bigger changes in iPeng 10, which will of course be a free update from iPeng 9!
*) Roon compatibility only applies to iPeng Playback (In-App-Purchase) using Roon's Squeezebox emulation, you cannot use iPeng to browse Roon music libraries or to control Roon devices.
Great, but auto-starts in my car
Great UI, functionality, and reliability. I docked 2 stars for an edge case that gets me regularly. If iPeng is not running, neither FG nor BG, and iTunes is running in BG but not playing (so that it remembers my last pause), then when I start my car, its audio system finds my Bluetooth phone and tells it to resume. I expect iTunes to resume. Instead, iPeng starts and takes over, shows Squeezebox on my car’s display, and starts my Squeezeboxes in the house via my home WiFi that’s still accessible, just as I’m driving away. My wife has to turn it off, and I have to get out my phone and explicitly start iTunes. I have not purchased the Playback feature, either, not that it would help away from home. Other audio apps I have don’t do this.
Why can't all IPhone app developers be like this ?
This app , already great , turned it up a huge notch by adding Roon emulation support.
Terrific job by a great developer .
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 05, 2017
- Version: 9.3.2
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Du!Business GmbH
- © 2013-2017 PenguinLovesMusic.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- iPeng Playback$4.99