ipFob is your mobile connection to your Honeywell Vista series, DSC PowerSeries, and GE NetworX V2 alarm control systems. This application runs on your iOS device and allows you to remotely Arm/Disarm and access other functions of supported controls, included but not limited to Add or Removing User Codes, Zone Status as well as zone bypass. You can even program the control if you would like. The system requires a ipDatatel communicator device connected to and your Honeywell Vista series, DSC PowerSeries, or GE NetworX V2 alarm control panel.
- Updated to a 64-bit binary.
Ratings and Reviews
It works but...
- The app is not secure. Even my garage door opener asks me to verify my fingerprint or password before accessing the app. This should be an app that does require a bit more work to get into in my opinion
- I wish it had panic buttons integrated. Hopefully never to be used, of course, but it should be there.
- Account and password isn’t customizable, same going for the name of the actual device displayed. Also, one account fits all people with access. It would be great to allow creation and deletion of accounts that can log in (each child individually, dog walker, maid etc). That way there’s a way to verify not only what time the alarm was disengaged and engaged, but also who did it.
- Zones are numbered rather than named. This could be easily customized.
- Overall it looks and feels like it was designed in the early 90s.
Latest update not functional
Prior version was quite reliable and functioned well. Updated version gives error msg indicating no internet connectivity (despite the presence of good internet connectivity).
Pass - Glitchey
Does not work well, incredibly slow to connect, display does not populate or represent accurate text on actual keypad.
Has not kept up with industry updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.