Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPieta contains Catholic documents, teachings, writings, prayers, and liturgical calendars.
The iPieta apps differ only by pre-loaded content: iPieta has all the English content pre-loaded.
Spanish, French, German, and Turkish works can be downloaded (and also removed) within the app.
(iPieta LTE is lightweight since fewer works are pre-loaded.)
ENGLISH CONTENT INCLUDES:
• Bibles: Douay-Rheims, Clementine Vulgate (Catholic and public domain; note that Psalms are COMPLETE but numbered as in the Vulgate).
• Baltimore Catechisms #1-3 (original); the Cat. of Christian Doctrine, the Roman Catechism, and the Cat. of St. Thomas Aquinas.
• Both the Ordinary (Novus Ordo) and Extraordinary (Tridentine) Calendars with access to the day's Gospel and Reading(s) from the Douay-Rheims & Vulgate.
• Numerous devotions and prayers, including 33-Day Total Consecration Preparation, Novena to the Holy Spirit, St. Alphonsus Stations of the Cross, and the St. Bridget 1-Year and 12-Year Prayers.
• Spiritual works from authors including St. Louis Marie de Montfort, St. Teresa of Jesus, St. John of the Cross, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Thomas Aquinas (Summa and Catena), St. Francis deSales, and St. Jean-Marie Vianney.
• Papal Encyclicals and Conciliar Documents
• Fathers of the Church (Erdman's collection)
• Misc: Scripture for the Holy Rosary, Examination of Conscience, 1894 Butler Saint of the Day
• Search, History, Bookmarks, Notes, Highlights, iCloud sync and backup for user data.
• Sharing: Printing, Email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook.
• Multi-version display of some data like versions of the Bible and prayers in different languages.
• Free audio is downloadable within the app.
Need assistance? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org We are grateful for your suggestions and for reporting specific typos. Thanks.
What's New in Version 9.4.2
9.4.2: Fixed problem preventing app download on older devices.
New in 9.4.1:
• Optimizations for iOS 10
• Updated interface and the iPieta Help-Center for Spanish, French, German, and Turkish.
• Minor improvements
New in 9.4:
• Back up user data to iCloud.
• Nested bookmark folders.
• Sync bookmarks and highlights.
• Russian, Chinese, and Arabic Bibles
• Improved Help: Matrix > Help
• Hide Menu (aA-menu): Can automatically hide the menus upon displaying text.
• Full Screen (iPhone only, aA-menu): Can display text with entire screen when menus are hidden.
• More English audio for the Summa Theologica, II-II
What an awesome application!
The original release of this app coincided with my return to the Faith. It contains a treasure trove of prayers, the Douay-Rheims Bible, all major papal documents, commentaries such as the Catena Aurea by St. Thomas Aquinas, and so much more. When people speak of the power of the Information Age, this is it, right here, for Catholics, as well as those who wish to learn of the Faith. This will literally always have a place on my iPad, and the version for another platform will likewise occupy the place of honor on my phone. I've occasionally reached out to the developers via email, and the have always been quick and courteous in their responses. The only thing I find that I could wish for would be a self-contained equivalent for the Mac. Everything contained herein is great. Thanks, folks. May this apostolate of yours continue for many more years.
A few glitches, but otherwise great!
When using the 33 day Total Consecration to Mary, I initially downloaded the audio (in English) one day at a time, and it was nice, since I could hit pause to reflect on something, not have to find my place again, and it would go straight to the correct prayers for the given day. When I realized I wanted to use the audio for the rest of the 33 days, I clicked to download all at once. Ever since then I haven't been able to access ANY of the English audio for the 33 days, only Latin. What's up with that, iPieta?
Otherwise, the app is wonderful, chock full of prayers and devotions, great for quickly finding the Saint of the day, and has become more easily navigable... at least in some ways - I like the column along the right side of the screen that lets you pick a topic to narrow down your choices.
Overall it's quite a good app!
Best Catholic app out there
This might seem hyperbole but I've been using iPieta daily since the iPhone 3GS & it truly is the most comprehensive Catholic app currently available. It offers daily Mass readings as well as access to the Bible & a ton of spiritual reading enough for a lifetime.
In addition, the authors of this app are living up Christian charity by continued improvement on the app without asking for upgrade fees. Personally, I will still pay for an upgrade if the time comes for a request. They truly have put in much sweat & I'm sure prayers too in creating & sustaining this app.
May God continue to bless them in their apostolate.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 25, 2016
- Version: 9.4.2
- Size: 467 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: iVerbum
- © 2016 iVerbum
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.