ipiit, The Food Ambassador - Grocery Scanner for Food Allergies & Elimination Diet
By ipiit, inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ipiit now with Sugar and GMO features! ipiit helps you buy healthy groceries and manage food allergies. Scan barcodes and select your preferences like Gluten-free, Lactose-free and non-GMO. Compare products and ingredients - calories, fat, sodium, carbs, fiber, sugar, protein and iron.
We have 300 000+ US food products in our constantly growing product database.
With ipiit, you can:
* Scan barcodes on US food products, find ingredients lists and nutrition panels
* Create personalized preferences and avoid allergy triggers - Gluten, Lactose, High Fructose Corn Syrup, non-GMO, Aspartame, Egg, MSG, Artificial Colors and Sweeteners
* Maintain diets - elimination, paleo, wheat free, milk protein free and other
* Easily see what is triggering the different recommendations
* Compare products - calories, fat, sodium, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, protein, iron
* Find better alternative products and make purchasing decisions based on what's important to you
* Rate your food products and let the community know which products you like or dislike
* See ratings from your friends and other food ambassadors
* Contribute your ideas and voice your feedback to help improve ipiit, the food ambassador
We will ask you to create an ipiit account – why? This way you will be able to save your preferences, view history, favorite products and access your information from anywhere. ipiit will NOT share your email.
Please feel free to share any joy or pain you experience as you explore ipiit, firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on twitter (@ipiit) for news and updates.
So let’s get you started to become a food ambassador and together continue the journey for better food and information about it!
Welcome to ipiit, the food ambassador community – we hope you will enjoy!
The ipiit Team
* ipiit works only with US products at the moment
What's New in Version 1.8.8
- To make it simple to understand the amount of sugar in a scanned product we have added how many teaspoons of sugar it has. While at it we also added the % of DV (Daily Value). You find this in Nutrition view.
Love love love
This app is so great! I can't wait for it to continue to grow and add more allergens and more products! The creators are aware that it needs some more love and have even given us the option to request more allergens (and gives us a list of many-all of my obscure ones like garlic and brocoli were on there), and even send them pictures of products we would like them to add to the database. It has an easy to understand way of telling you if the product is safe to buy or eat/drink/take. It even recognizes drink additives, condiments, and medications. The only thing this app doesn't have is allergen menus to restaurants! It is wonderful and has made my journey into avoiding my many food allergies so much easier and actually pleasant.
Great for Gluten and Lactose
I am new to the whole gluten free world, but am also lactose intolerant, and this app is definitely making it easier. Even though I only use it for gluten and lactose, there are several allergy/intolerances it can be used for. I love that I can scan the product and it not only tells me if it's safe for me, but also gives me a list of alternatives. I tend to shop at mainstream supermarkets, and of course not every product I buy is in the app, but I find that most are. If the product isn't listed, it gives you the opportunity to take pictures of it and submit it to be listed. I haven't tried this yet, so I'm not sure if it works or not. Overall, I am happy with it and so far it is my go-to app for gluten free.
Great app, not enough products
This is a good idea, and the app works well as advertised. It doesn't have enough products in its database, on my testing, only 1/2 of the products I scan come up with allergy information. I tried to "help" ipiit by adding some products. You do this in-app by composing an email. Unfortunately, the email bounced back because their mailbox is full. I took time out of my day to add stuff to your database, and it won't mean anything because the mailbox is full!!! What is this 1995? Anyway, it's a good idea and a good app. But they need more products in the database and I guess a lager email inbox.
Furthermore it would be great if I could save multiple profiles (for example, my girlfriend and myself) and then be able to see if the food is good for both of us.