ipiit - Grocery Scanner for Food Allergies & Diets
By ipiit, inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Recommended by MDs, Nutritionists/Dietitians and by ABC, CBS, FOX, USA Today, Cooking Light and Food & Wine more!!
ipiit, The Food Ambassador now with Sugar and GMO features! ipiit helps you buy healthy groceries and manage food allergies. Scan bar codes and select your preferences like Gluten-free, Lactose-free and non-GMO. Compare products and ingredients - calories, fat, sodium, carbs, fiber, sugar, protein and iron.
We have 300 000+ US food products in our constantly growing product database.
With ipiit, you can:
* Scan barcodes on US food products, find ingredients lists and nutrition panels
* Create personalized preferences and avoid allergy triggers - Gluten, Lactose, High Fructose Corn Syrup, non-GMO, Aspartame, Egg, MSG, Artificial Colors and Sweeteners
* Maintain diets - elimination, paleo, wheat free, milk protein free and other
* Easily see what is triggering the different recommendations
* Compare products - calories, fat, sodium, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, protein, iron
* Find better alternative products and make purchasing decisions based on what's important to you
* Rate your food products and let the community know which products you like or dislike
* See ratings from your friends and other food ambassadors
* Contribute your ideas and voice your feedback to help improve ipiit, the food ambassador
We will ask you to create an ipiit account – why? This way you will be able to save your preferences, view history, favorite products and access your information from anywhere. ipiit will NOT share your email.
Please feel free to share any joy or pain you experience as you explore ipiit, email@example.com. Follow us on twitter (@ipiit) for news and updates.
So let’s get you started to become a food ambassador and together continue the journey for better food and information about it!
Welcome to ipiit, the food ambassador community – we hope you will enjoy!
The ipiit Team
* ipiit works only with US products at the moment
What's New in Version 1.8.9
Great App and developing!
This app allows you to scan a barcodes and select food preferences, rate foods, see their nutritional value, ingredients and certifications (i.e. Organic, non-GMO, etc). I am on an elimination/thyroid/auto-immune diet and the transparency of the ingredients in my food is so important. I can scan, save or compare foods. I can select s food and according to the preferences the app will let me know "Not for you" and even take it a step further and suggest same foods by other brands. Love this! Others have commented that this app does not have a large enough database or some non-GMO foods come up as not being certified non-GMO. That is true because it is a newer app and not all foods that are non-GMO maybe in found certified databases. This app is all about community and you can submit photos and more will be added. I have given them 5 stars because the idea and innovation and interface is easy to use and a lifesaver. People continue to contribute and updates come, and this app will be amazing!
Overall good app, but with a couple of issues
I'm on the IFM elimination diet, so I downloaded ipiit to help me while shopping. It can filter for all my elimination foods except soy. Otherwise, I would give it 5 stars. The app allows you to vote for missing filters. The filter selection process was easy and stored in your profile. I scanned barcodes for several products that were "all but one" compliant and it told me "not for you". I did find a false negative for GMO compliance for one product that I reported. But there's no way within the app to "dispute" the database, so I sent a separate e-mail.
More nuts please!
I'm glad to see an app that it current. Most other apps were updated one, two, or more years ago. The fact is that companies change their ingredients from time to time. I'd like to see more nut allergy options as that is my reason for downloading. I hope this app stays current and adds the nuts.