Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Golf Workout with Apple Watch
PING’s NEW Golf Workout feature for Apple Watch integrates with Apple’s Health. Harnessing the power and simplicity of Apple Watch, you can record your workout information while practicing on the range or playing on the course. Track your heart rate, step count, and calories burned and PING will publish your workout details in the Health and Activity apps, helping you complete the Activity app’s rings.
* Apple Watch with watchOS 2 is required for Golf Workout.
* Take advantage of introductory In-App Purchase pricing for the full Golf Workout experience with Apple Watch.
Putting Improvement with iPING
Measure your consistency to determine your Putting Handicap (PHcp). Practice key elements of your putting stroke, including impact angle and tempo, with the goal of improving your consistency. A more consistent putting stroke will help you hole more putts on the greens.
* iPING Cradle required for Putting Improvement. Find one online at ping-shop.com.
PING Brand Quiz
Explore PING's 55+ years as a leader in golf innovation. Test your knowledge of PING products, Karsten Solheim's innovations, Tour players and events.
*** Please contact us using PING.COM if you experience any issues with this app. Ensure you are running watchOS 2 on your Watch. If the PING app is not installed automatically on your Watch then install it using the Watch app on your phone. Read and follow the instructions in the PING app for successful configuration and use. ***
What's New in Version 3.0.5
Golf Workout for Apple Watch:
- Added a glance so if the app does not come to the foreground on wrist-up you can more easily get back to the app, right where you left off. To use this feature add the PING glance in the Watch app on your phone, then swipe up from the bottom of the home screen on your watch to view your configured glances. Tap the glance to launch the app.
- Made workflow changes including next/previous buttons at the bottom of the score entry screen and a back button at the top left of the screen to exit the workout.
- Improved health data performance and stability.
- Other minor fixes and enhancements
I was excited by the prospect of this app and the Apple Watch. It was touted with the introduction of Apple Watch, but the app wasn't available for a while. I had previously purchased the iPhone cradle for putting practice and enjoyed it, but the watch app is troublesome. It freezes in middle of pratice and was hard to restart. I tried using it to play golf, but the response time was too slow, it often hung up, and it drained the watch battery before the round ended. Now I can't get it to work at all. It says if I purchased the full version, start the Ping app on iPhone and wait for the acknowledgement. No such acknowledgement occurs for the app that I paid for on this expensive watch.
Great information be useful tool for improving
I love this app! The putting information is invaluable especially for a PGA Professional like me. My students are putting better already and the data reinforces what we work on. Knowledge is power! Please bring back the finer details (height/wrist to floor/style) for putter fittings.
I don't use the full swing data, but players must understand that this info is for motivation and guidance. No device on your wrist will be as accurate as 3D body tracking and launch monitor data.
"Essentials"? Nope. Won't recognize purchase
Downloaded the app for the sole purpose of tracking the tempo of my swing. Turns out that is an "in-app purchase". I shell out $5 for the app and my watch keeps telling me I have to buy the "full experience". Deleting and reinstalling on both the watch and the phone didn't help. Now I have a $5 app that doesn't do what it promised nor does it track scores any better than the free alternatives. I can't believe this is an "essentials" app promoted by Apple. Save your money and wait till this app is ready for prime time.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Mar 05, 2016
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 73.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: PING, Inc.
- © 2011-2016 Ping, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Golf Workout with Apple Watch$4.99