Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Both iOS 10 and watchOS 3 are required.
Golf Workout with Apple Watch
PING’s Golf Workout feature for Apple Watch integrates with Apple’s Health. Harnessing the power and simplicity of Apple Watch, you can record your workout information while practicing on the range or playing on the course. Track your heart rate, step count, and calories burned and PING will publish your workout details in the Health and Activity apps, helping you complete the Activity app’s rings.
* Take advantage of introductory In-App Purchase pricing for the full Golf Workout Premium experience with Apple Watch. This auto-renewing subscription for Golf Workout Premium is available monthly for $4.99 USD or yearly for $39.99 USD.
Putting Improvement with iPING
Measure your consistency to determine your Putting Handicap (PHcp). Practice key elements of your putting stroke, including impact angle and tempo, with the goal of improving your consistency. A more consistent putting stroke will help you hole more putts on the greens.
* iPING Cradle required for Putting Improvement. Find one online at ping-shop.com.
PING Brand Quiz
Explore PING's 55+ years as a leader in golf innovation. Test your knowledge of PING products, Karsten Solheim's innovations, Tour players and events.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
We’ve upgraded measuring your shot distances!
- Measure that ripped tee shot by marking the location of the tee and then where the ball finally comes to rest using the Force Press menu, or by long-touching the map view. Forgot to mark your tee shot location? No worries, we'll use the location of the tee box you’re playing from instead.
- Check out your measured tee shot distances on the scorecard on your iPhone, and your average driver distance for the round.
Upgraded GPS assists you in picking the right club to make the right shot.
- Better distances and less waiting.
- Accuracy is now indicated by a color outline on the map view. Green is spot on, swing away with confidence. Yellow is okay, but might be off by about one club. Red, well you might want to step off the distance.
Bug fixes and performance upgrades:
- Better performance when going to the next hole.
- We sent the data files to the gym to shed excess weight for better performance.
- Fixed a bug related to courses that do not have tee box locations in the course database.
***The Apple Watch battery is used extensively by this app – we use ALL of the sensors. In our testing we are able to complete a 4 hour round of golf using all of the features of this app – starting with 100% battery and performing ONLY a Play Golf workout. With 42mm versions we are seeing at least a 4-1/2 hour round of golf is acceptable. If your Watch hits the 10% warning during play, you should switch to your iPhone to edit the scorecard from there. This is obviously not ideal – but neither is a round of golf over 4 hours.
***For the Watch Series 2 to use its own GPS sensor it must NOT be in communication with your iPhone. This means that after you start your round (and the course data is loaded) you should turn off your phone’s bluetooth and wi-fi to ensure the GPS sensor in the Watch Series 2 is being used by the PING App, instead of the phone GPS sensor. This is by design for Watch Series 2, and not something that can be changed or adjusted. After your round, turn bluetooth and wi-fi back on, open the PING App, and go to Golf Workouts to view your information. You may have to wait a few minutes for the data to be transferred automatically from your Apple Watch to your phone. Watch Series 1 MUST have a connection to your phone to get GPS data, and the GPS location is from your phone’s location, not the Watch Series 1’s location.
The app is constantly asking you to go back to the phone and purchase the full version. It just can't keep track that the full version purchase has already been made.
I have had to delete it and reload it twice now both times just before a round.
I will be stoppng my subscription until I see an update come through.
Don't waste your money!
While the concept is great and when it works it is great but there in lies the problem. I have played 7 rounds since paying 40 bucks for this app. 2 of the 7 rounds it has worked. The other rounds it either crashes or simply disappears. Wish I wouldn't have spent the 40 bucks.
Too Many Bugs
Update: workouts are never recorded in Health - and still too many bugs.
App won't recognize purchase and is always telling me to buy full version of app.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 06, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 87.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: PING, Inc.
- © 2011-2016 Ping, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Golf Workout with Apple Watch$4.99
- Golf Workout Premium with Apple Watch$4.99
- Golf Workout Premium with Apple Watch$39.99
- Golf Workout Premium with Apple Watch$2.99
- Golf Workout Premium with Apple Watch$24.99