iPray: Prayer Times & Qibla Compass
By Beehive Innovations Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 50% OFF for a limited time only **
iPray is the ultimate tool to get accurate prayer timings for your selected cities along with accurate Qibla direction from anywhere in the world. iPray "just works" out of the box with zero-setup required.
* Prayer times for any city round the globe
* No settings required. iPray is completely automatic as it detects your location, appropriate prayer calculation method, timezone and much more.
* Today Widget
* Sound and Vibration Alerts. Get automatic reminders for individual prayers. Supports various azan alerts as well as vibration only alerts.
* Displays prayer times for: Fajr, *Ishraaq, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha and Qiyam-ul-lail (Last 1/3rd of the night; Tahajjud Prayer)
* Landscape Prayer Timetable. Turn your device landscape to see upcoming prayer times.
* Quick Overview
* Highly customizable
* Tap on the time column to display time left to next prayer
* Find and save cities using automatic detection or the built-in database (will work even when there is no internet available)
* Qibla direction for selected cities or using your current GPS position. Supports Magnetic Compass detection on supported devices with a fully immersed interface offering you the current Qibla direction, Sun position in the sky as well as the Moon position and phase
* Moon Phases and its current state
* Islamic Events with the freedom of moving between Hijri years
* Multiple Hijri and Prayer Time Calculation method adjustments
* Several selectable Adhans for individual prayers
* Offers more than what meets the eye plus a very unique user experience
* Ishraq prayer does NOT mean Sunrise. Ishraq prayer is 10 to 12 minutes after sunrise. There is a misconception where Islamic websites and people use the word "Ishraq" and then give timings for actual Sunrise. Praying at sunrise is forbidden and must be performed after at least 10 minutes of sunrise. iPray for this reason adds 10 minutes to sunrise and labels it correctly as "Ishraaq".
* Alerts will ONLY alert you with an initial Takbir. The full azan (and its length) is NOT supported by the iOS alert mechanism as there is a maximum limit of 30 seconds of audio playback.
tags: find qibla, qibla locator, find mecca, qiblah compass, islamic prayer times
What's New in Version 5.0
Reimagined and redeveloped from ground up, we bring to you iPray 5.0 - a free update for all our users!
Apart from a cleaner, simplified redesign, iPray comes packed with all the extra goodies you'd expect from an iOS 8 app. Get instant updates using the iPray widget and for the first time, get prayer times directly on your connected Apple Watch!
Another update needed
I've been a long-time user of iPray, and have suggested it to many people. I believe in supporting Muslims efforts to make life easier for other Muslims. I was excited about the new update, but came to find that I not only like the older theme and icon better, but we've also lost some functionality. In the old version, when I opened the app in the opening screen, I could see the exact time of the upcoming prayer, and not only a countdown. I also liked in the old version how one could customize the app's theme. I think at the very least, and update should be released that includes the ability to customize the theme, as well as bring back features that I, and other people have mentioned. The GPS is unreliable on the iPhone, so the map view does help considerably. I've prayed in the totally opposite direction before due to bad GPS (which is the iPhone's fault, not the app's). Thank you. -Salah
Prayer notifications don't work
Something is up with the prayer notifications. They don't always work on my phone... I'm not even sure why. I have notifications set to vibrate for 4 of the prayers and I end up missing some of them or get late to pray because I rely on this app for reminders. I've been using iPray for YEARS since iPhone 3GS times. Please make prayer notifications more reliable. This has been going on for a very long time, but I finally decided to post about it so the apps programmers can read my comments and try to fix this problem. Otherwise, I love this app for allowing me to quickly see the prayer times in different cities, allowing me to calculate qibla, and allowing me to check the hijri date and Islamic calendar dates. This is a very useful app but I just want the notifications to finally be fixed. Thanks.
Just PERFECT, UNTIL..
Just one highly dependable app and it's a MUST to have. (4 yrs. ago)
It was really pleasant to have released the updated version theme based on iOS 8. Am not a Moslem nor an Arab, but this app guides me to properly know the praying time, as it does matter to me since am living and working in the Middle East. Although if possible to have an option for Gregorian calendar type when each day stated accordingly with the tater schedule. Coz I noticed, each day schedule are only on Hijri. For 4 years (or more) I've no issue with the days just now I find it kinda difficult when it's on Hijri and no other option to change the day base on Gregorian calendar.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 20, 2015
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 33.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic
- Seller: Beehive Innovations Limited
- © Beehive Innovations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.