iPray: Prayer Times & Qibla Compass
By Guided Ways Innovations Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPray is the ultimate tool to get accurate prayer timings for your selected cities along with accurate Qibla direction from anywhere in the world. iPray "just works" out of the box with zero-setup required.
* Prayer times for any city round the globe
* No settings required. iPray is completely automatic as it detects your location, appropriate prayer calculation method, timezone and much more.
* Sound and Vibration Alerts. Get automatic reminders for individual prayers. Supports various azan alerts as well as vibration only alerts.
* Displays prayer times for: Fajr, *Ishraaq, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha and Qiyam-ul-lail (Last 1/3rd of the night; Tahajjud Prayer)
* Landscape Prayer Timetable. Turn your device landscape to see upcoming prayer times.
* A night-stand view to give you a quick overview. Use the night-mode switch to toggle between day and night time
* Highly customizable
* Retina HD graphics and support for iPhone 5
* Tap on the time column to display time left to next prayer
* Find and save cities using automatic detection or the built-in database (will work even when there is no internet available)
* Qibla direction for selected cities or using your current GPS position. Supports Magnetic Compass detection on supported devices with a fully immersed interface offering you the current Qibla direction, Sun position in the sky as well as the Moon position and phase
* Moon Phases and its current state
* Islamic Events with the freedom of moving between Hijri years
* Multiple Hijri and Prayer Time Calculation method adjustments
* Several selectable Azans for individual prayers
* Offers more than what meets the eye plus a very unique user experience
* On iOS 5 to get athan alerts please go to iPhone > Settings > Notifications > iPray and switch Badge/Sound notifications ON
* Ishraq prayer does NOT mean Sunrise. Ishraq prayer is 10 to 12 minutes after sunrise. There is a misconception where Islamic websites and people use the word "Ishraq" and then give timings for actual Sunrise. Praying at sunrise is forbidden and must be performed after at least 10 minutes of sunrise. iPray for this reason adds 10 minutes to sunrise and labels it correctly as "Ishraaq".
* Alerts will ONLY alert you with an initial Takbir. The full azan (and its length) is NOT supported by the iOS alert mechanism as there is a maximum limit of 30 seconds of audio playback.
tags: find qibla, qibla locator, find mecca, qiblah compass, islamic prayer times
What's New in Version 4.0.4
What's new in v4.0.4:
* iOS 7 compatibility and bug fixes
What's new in v4.0:
NOTE: For an enhanced user experience, iPray now requires a minimum of iOS 6.0
* iPhone 5 Support
* Rotate phone to view prayer timings for upcoming months in landscape
* New and improved prayer times calculation engine
* New setting in 'Calculation Method' to optionally change to a different High-latitude method
* New and improved location detection
* New advanced setting for Fajr: 1.5hrs before Sunrise
* New advanced setting for Isha: 1.5hrs or 2hrs after Maghrib
* New vibration only alert setting for individual prayers
* New fully automatic prayer method detection algorithms. You no longer need to worry about selecting the right prayer method for your location.
* iPray no longer relies on the GPRS / Wifi when resolving auto-detected cities.
* Improvements to automatic timezone, GMT, DST detection logic
* Revamped and simplified Settings
* Arabic localization improvements
* Fixed flipped timings issue for Arabic localized phones
* Lots of fixes, stability improvements and optimizations
I love this app and it is the only app I have that I rely on for my prayer times. Recently, my location services has been failing me though. I live in Seattle but the automatic detection is Mercer Island. I had it switched over to Seattle but recently everytime I close the app and go back a while later to check the prayer time it's back to Mercer Island again. This wouldn't be a problem but Seattle prayer time and Mercer Island time is almost an hour or more off. And Mercer Island is only a lake away. Please fix this glitch. I love ipray and do not want to switch to another app.
This app really has everything I could ask for and more. A qibla compass, prayer times and notifications with adhan, even sundial and moon orientation. Perfect app and worth every penny and more. They recently overhauled it to make it even more responsive and automated to update based on where you're traveling.
Excellent prayer app.
This is one of the best apps for prayer I have ever used. The prayer timings are accurate. The best feature is the Qibla direction. Where ever u are u don't have to guess which way to pray. Also the Azan sounds u can change and select a beep or change to vibrate only. Verry handy app a must have for every Muslim.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 15, 2013
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 32.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic
- Seller: Guided Ways Innovations Ltd
- © Guided Ways Innovations Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.