iPrompts® PRO combines three apps into a powerful suite of next-generation autism technology! Buy iPrompts® PRO and receive iPrompts® (the leading research-based app for visual schedules, timers, choices and video modeling), StoryMaker™ (create and present Social Stories™) and SpeechPrompts™ (exercises for speech therapy and prosody) at a discount over buying individually.
iPrompts, the original app for visual support, is used by caregivers to provide visual structure to those with autism. StoryMaker is the premier app creating and presenting Social Stories, featuring exclusive content from Carol Gray. SpeechPrompts, a collaboration with the Yale Child Study Center, provides exercises to practice rate, pitch, stress and intensity of speech. Features of all apps are based on research, funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s SBIR program.
SAVE MONEY by buying all three apps at once, and receive all of the following features:
* VISUAL SCHEDULES: Create and present sequences of pictures, breaking down tasks into discrete steps or presenting upcoming events in an easy-to-understand visual format. Tap CHECKBOXES to mark progress as schedule steps are completed. Schedules can be presented in REVIEW format (multiple steps per screen) or in PRESENTATION format (one step per screen).
* VISUAL COUNTDOWN TIMER: Display an image alongside graphical numeric countdown timers (set to any duration), to demonstrate how much time is left until a current activity ends, or before the next activity begins.
* CHOICES: Offer choices between images, empowering those who cannot vocalize their preferences. Up to six choices may be presented on the screen at once. Tap an image to highlight it visually and trigger a voice recording.
* STORIES: Create and present your own Social Stories, or customize one of Carol Gray’s “Classics”.
* ACADEMY: Learn to write effective Social Stories by completing a series of short training modules created by Carol Gray.
* EMAIL and PRINT: Schedules, choices and stories can be emailed as a PDF, then forwarded to other caregivers or printed from a computer.
* AUDIO PROMPTING: Record your voice to narrate the schedules, choices and stories you create.
* LOTS OF IMAGE SOURCES: Our “starter” library includes hundreds of useful illustrations and digital pictures. Add your own camera pictures, or search Google, Bing and Flickr from right within the app. You can “tag” each image into as many categories as you’d like, then search or filter to find what you need.
* VIDEOPROMPTS: More than 30 video modeling clips are included, demonstrating “School and Social” behavior. You may also add your own video modeling clips to the Library and play them back.
* VOICECHART: Like a “voice thermometer,” VoiceChart provides real-time feedback on loudness. Speakers are shown visually whether they are “Too Loud,” “Too Quiet,” or “Just Right”. Sliders allow customization of the thresholds between each volume zone. An animated meter and graphics change based on the volume level.
* VOICEMATCH: Provides visual and aural feedback on stress, rate and rhythm of speech by comparing a “Teacher” voice recording to a “Student” voice recording. The Student sample is compared both visually (via a waveform graphic) and aurally (via audio playback) to the Teacher recording, which serves as a model. The Student attempts to “match” the Teacher waveform by repeating it aloud. Visual differences between the two recordings can then be highlighted.
* PITCHCHART: Visualizes pitch in the form of a spectrogram.
* TEMPOMATCH: Select a graphic and set the tempo of speech (BPM), then allow speakers to try and match the tempo (and "tap along" with the tap pad).
For more information: www.iprompts.com.
U.S. Patent #8,296,686. ©2009-14 HandHold Adaptive, LLC, all rights reserved. iPrompts® and HandHold Adaptive® are registered trademarks of HandHold Adaptive, LLC.
• Fixed camera cropping on iPad
• Updated web image search to work reliably
Ratings and Reviews
Updates sorely needed
I would have given this app five stars on my old phone however since updating to the new iPhone X all of the pictures and videos in the library have disappeared. Also none of my daughters schedules transferred over so I lost everything. Looking at the app history there hasn’t been an update in a year, poor management considering how quickly things change.
My son has Asperger's autism and this is wonderful for structuring his day - if he "sees" his schedule he feels like he has more control. We're using ABA and consider this a huge help because it's entirely portable - no notebooks or flash cards that get left behind on the kitchen counter when leaving the house!
- countdown timer photo can be changed - I switched it to "boy brushing his teeth" (for obvious reasons LOL)
- photos can be downloaded from Google - go to Images at the top of the screen - I find funny clip art and incorporate it into his picture schedules - humor can go a long way toward motivating some kids
I gave this app 5 stars for creativity and ease of use. But if I could wish for one thing...it would be the ability to generate cartoon comic strips for social stories. It could be as simple as allowing the user to choose a boy or a girl and then type text into a thought bubble. My son loves these and prefers them to traditional social stories, which he thinks are for younger kids.
This app completely fullfils what it set out to do and it works seamlessly. Love it! Thank you so much!
My husband and I bought an Ipad and the Iprompts application to go along with it for our 5 year old son who was has hydrocephalus. As a result of a delayed diagnosis he is severely delayed and has brain damage. That being said we are finding that he actually knows more than what we thought, he is just unable to verbally communicate in words his want
and needs. He has had ongoing therapy where the therapists used pictures to assist him with his communication skills, but this was not very successful due to the fact that we have three other young children and it was very hard to keep the pictures together where our son could have access to them in order to learn to communicate. I like that we can take a picture of anything with our camera and upload it to Iprompts. The Iprompts program is awesome and I feel that the inventors were doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and not trying to make the price of the product so expensive that it's unaffordable. Thanks for making our lives easier.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.