iPrompts®, the original app for visual support, is used by special educators, therapists and parents of those benefiting from visual structure, including individuals with Autism. Features of iPrompts® are based in peer-reviewed research, funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s IES SBIR program.
Used by thousands around the world, iPrompts® has been acclaimed on television, and is featured in the Autism Speaks Technology Guide. Caregivers use the app to rapidly create and present visual supports, helping individuals transition from one activity to the next, understand upcoming events, make choices, focus on the task at hand, and learn social skills. An image Library including several hundred starter images can be easily expanded “on the fly” using the device’s camera or through built-in Web searches.
* VISUAL SCHEDULES: Allows caregivers to create and present sequences of pictures, breaking down tasks into discrete steps or presenting upcoming events in an easy-to-understand visual format. Schedules can have many pictures, or even just two (i.e., to create a FIRST THIS, THEN THAT prompt). Captions are editable, and AUDIO can be used to support the visual prompting experience. Tap CHECKBOXES to mark progress as schedule steps are completed. Schedules can be presented in REVIEW format (multiple steps per screen) or in PRESENTATION format (one step per screen).
* VISUAL COUNTDOWN TIMER: This feature displays an image of the caregiver’s choice along with a graphical countdown timer (set to any duration), and is useful for demonstrating how much time is left until a current activity ends, or before the next pictured activity begins.
* CHOICE PROMPTS: Lets caregivers offer choices between images, empowering those who cannot vocalize their preferences. Up to six choices may be presented on the screen at once. Tap an image to highlight it visually and trigger a voice recording.
* EMAIL and PRINT: Your schedules and choice sets can be emailed as a PDF, then forwarded to other caregivers or printed from a computer.
* NOW WITH AUDIO: Record a voice narration along with a schedule or choice item to support the visual prompting experience with additional audio reinforcement.
* IMAGE LIBRARY: Our “starter” library includes hundreds of useful illustrations and digital pictures across many categories. Additional categories and pictures may be supplied by users. Built-in iOS cameras allow rapid individualization of the visual supports you create. Or, search Google, Bing and Flickr from right within the app. You can “tag” each image into as many categories as you’d like, then search or filter through the Library to find what you need.
* VIDEOPROMPTS: More than 30 video modeling clips are included, demonstrating “School and Social” behavior. You may also add your own video modeling clips to the Library and play them back using iPrompts®.
In an independent study of 29 teachers working with 88 students with autism, 100% of teachers felt that iPrompts® was not too difficult to set-up, and 82% of observations identified a positive impact on students’ on-task behavior and attentiveness. iPrompts® is a research-based, portable, easy-to-use, customizable visual support suite that parents and special educators should not be left without!
For more information: www.iprompts.com.
U.S. Patent #8,296,686. Additional patents pending. ©2009-2014 HandHold Adaptive, LLC, all rights reserved. iPrompts® and HandHold Adaptive® are registered trademarks of HandHold Adaptive, LLC.
• Fixed camera cropping on iPad
• Updated web image search to work reliably
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great visual app in our Special Education classroom. You can set the timer to any amount, capture/download real photos that the students are working on, and watch it decrease. The kids love it and seem to work until the end with their schedule. The timer changes color to add an even greater visual. We can't say enough good things about it for a classroom setting.
I like the mix of features this app provides (scheduler, timer, choice maker) but more than that how easy it is to use each and how most can be enhanced with audio or emailed. You can create and save an unlimited number of visuals for different days, routines, lessons, or circumstances. The Google Bing and Flickr search is cool. I also like that this developer bases its design on research in schools.
Awesome update, iPrompts has it all now!
Love this update. Had this app for a long time and am pleased to see all the new features. Audio has been missing for a while and is a welcome addition, also you can email PDFs of schedules now. Really helpful. Also like the multiple choices for a screen and the lock mode. Thank you!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.