iRadTech Lite for iPhone and iPad with 6 positions:
iRadTech Lite is a FREE demo of iRadTech, a radiographic positioning guide. It demonstrates these features of iRadTech:
• Similar to x-ray pocket guide or reference booklet
• Detailed instructions for more than 220 radiographic positions (in the full app, iRadTech. iRadTech Lite has 6 for demo purposes). Contents of position instructions:
1. image receptor size and orientation
2. patient and part positioning
3. respiration instructions
4. central ray entrance/exit points and angulation
5. image quality points
6. structures demonstrated
• Representative radiographic image which can be enlarged for closer inspection.
• Enlargeable photograph of properly positioned human model showing the correctly collimated area of interest with the central ray entry point.
• A helpful NOTE tab for every position; save techniques, special terms, or other helpful information.
• Search function finds search term in position titles and/or instructions.
• My Routines function allows grouping of selected positions into a saved routine.
• My Notes function allows saving notes not related to a position.
• Developed using the ARRT Content Specifications to include nearly all ARRT entry-level radiographic positions.
1. “OPTIONAL” positions are included which may be ordered in clinical practice. These OPTIONAL positions are judged by the authors and other educational colleagues as handy references, but are not listed on the ARRT Radiography Content.
• Instructions referenced to the most recent ASRT Radiography Curriculum and national positioning texts.
• Content is written, edited and expanded by two Ph.D. radiography educators, each with extensive authoring experience and more than 30 years of teaching experience.
• A convenient guide to positioning the patient and a valuable study aid for radiography students.
• A great reference and review tool for technologists and clinical instructors.
New in version 4.1:
- Redesigned screens to accommodate new iPhones
- My Notes
- My Routines
- Reorganized positions with reformatted and augmented instructions in the Respiratory System and Thorax section. Future updates will provide these improvements in other sections.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, well worth buying full version.
I originally chose the free version, which is basically a trial version without many positions. I purchased the full version, since it is cheaper and much more convenient than a "pocket" positioning guide book and lots better than the "little black book" (older RAD techs & students know what I'm talking about). One complaint I had, and several reviews also stated, were the lack of techniques. There is so much variation between film, CR, DR, different brands, rooms, and preferences, that I can understand the app not supplying these, but I wanted to be able to add some as notes myself. Then, after complaining for a while about this myself, I realized the app already has this! For all of you also complaining, just look under each of the individual positions. There is a blue "Note" tab on the upper right of the page. You can type in whatever you want. I go to several physical locations and deal with lots of different equipment, so under "Note" I add the location or room and an average technique for that exam. You can add whatever notes you want, it is free form. I don't need to look at it often, but it is a great reference to have on hand especially if you are a new tech or deal with lots of different equipment and it is great peace-of-mind to always have with you on your phone if you ever do have a question. Well worth the price!
When are we going to be able to add user defined techniques ? When is the update comming out ? It seems like the dev is not supporting this app anymore... waiting for a while now to purchase this but dev seems to be out to lunch on user requests and update...
Plzzzz add avg. body habitus techniques(with and without grid)!! That's all that's holding this app back and keeping me from even thinking about buying full version. So techniques, techniques, techniques and I'll give 5 stars and buy full version.
- Ballinger and Bruckner, LLP
- 34.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 RadTech Resource Group
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.