irBoard is iOS application which makes your iPhone / iPod touch / iPad a display with a touch panel for the PLC(Programmable Logic Controller *1).
*1 PLC - A digital computer used for control of machinery on factory assembly lines, etc.
This edition is execution only. For the editing pages, you need the irBoard or irBoard Enterprise and running it on the iPad. Then transfer the project data to this App.
First of all, please try the free edition irBoard Lite.
Almost all of the feature is available on the irBoard Lite. It is limited, connection time to the real PLCs to 60 minutes a day.
Please purchase the paid edition, if the price is sufficient for your business uses.
- You can monitor and modify the value of a device in PLCs.
- By using the iOS device's camera, you can read the barcode or QR code and store it in the PLC’s registers.
- Though almost touch panels for the FA use is fixed. It has excellent portability.
- You can also check the status of the device in PLCs from a remote location.
- For safety, the manipulation of the connected PLC devices is permitted only to one iOS device.
- It can connect to the multiple FA machines by switching a project from the only one iOS device.
- Communication with PLCs via Ethernet.
- Supported PLCs: MITSUBISHI Electric, KEYENCE, OMRON, and YOKOGAWA Electric through the Ethernet connection.
- And added the Modbus/TCP connection.
- It can also connect to an open source PLC LadderDrive which is running on Raspberry Pi. (https://github.com/ito-soft-design/ladder_drive)
- It can be a touch panel for Raspberry Pi using LadderDrive.
- You can limit the use area by using a BLE device that emits Beacon.
- You can monitor a Web camera with it.
- version 1.2.1
- It enables you to share whole data via iTunes File Sharing.
--- Notes ---
irBoard can switch on/off devices. If you need to interlock devices controlled by PLC, you need to configure that on PLC. If there are some devices of which you are not sure about safety, please set the permission of them readonly and don't use that function.
There is health status. So you can check whether the connection is normal or not. If it lost the connection, you should operate safely on your PLC.
Thank you for using irBoard Player.
The change in version 1.7.3 is as follows.
- Fix an issue which is crashing app when it connects to PLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.